Xbox one Vs ps4 how it stands today IMO

#1mrpicPosted 8/29/2014 3:27:04 PM(edited)
I own both

i play on xbox one more and use it to watch tv through and i have more friends on xbox and im more excited for the games coming out on xbox and belive it or not im buying multiplats on it too to play with mates.

will keep ps4 for the fact that i cant sell it for as much as its worth to me atm and that there is still potential there.

ps4 very marginally better graphically (i dont actually see a difference)
xb1 better online and for tv and streaming ect

fact is neither have really good games out yet and the exclusives of titanfall / infamous goes to xbox again clearly to me sony needs more games and xbox needs more sales, couple this with the fact 90% of "next gen" games actually come out on previous gen too makes this gen so far kinda pointless, devs and such need more balls and to back the next gen more!!

xb1 (my rating) 8/10 needs more games
ps4 (my rating 7.5/10 needs even more games and online improvements ect ect

my last gen ratings so you know where i stand on console wars ect.

xb360 (my rating 9/10)
ps3 (my rating 8/10)
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 8/29/2014 3:30:11 PM
mrpic posted...
devs and such need more balls and to back the next gen more!!

)

It's not an issue of balls, it's an issue of install base. I mean, I agree-- developing games that can run on near-decade old hardware is holding progress back (kind of). Nonetheless, MS in particular doesn't have the base to make sales numbers that make something a real hit-- unless everyone who owns a XBone buys a title, it's going to post middling numbers.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#3rusty12000Posted 8/29/2014 3:32:28 PM(edited)
Id agree with you until, The last of us came out. Id consider it the best game so far on the next gen consoles. I loved Titanfall for a couple weeks, gameplay was simply amazing, but there isn't much substance in the game, handful of guns, gamemode and only 3 titans. I really hope TF2 improves on this.

And yes I know The last of us was on PS3 but titanfall was on 360 so they are on even playing ground in that sense.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#4mrpic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 3:35:55 PM
it didnt stop devs for the start of last gen

some of the honestly best games came out withing the first 6 months of 360 imo

chromhounds!! (id pay 100 for chromehounds 2 or even a hd reboot)
geometry wars (absolute classic)
bankshot billiards (great online pool and cheap)
project gotham racing 3 (easy racing game with lots of fan favourite cars and no dlc)
condemned (very nice game and kinda scary)
kameo (loved by many)
call of duty 2 (remember that sick smoke effect the first time you saw it ? i do
#5kennyynnooPosted 8/29/2014 3:36:50 PM
I'm still waiting for Gran Turismo to get a ps4 the good and bad with Sony is you know what you get with it at launch in terms of operating system and updates. They'll never surprise you, no amazing updates, just basics. It reminds me of Apple, it's there, it works. Its good and bad though, good that you don't get weird glitches from changes but bad because it makes it uninteresting and not fun for an operating system. If you're not as tech person it's great, if you are you get board of the machine in that regard. Just my opinion, I used to love PS more but the 360 showed me I want a little more, the custom music on the ps3 was hit and miss in games...more miss and t g at s my favorite feature.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#6Kazuya_80Posted 8/29/2014 3:37:41 PM
it needs to be cheaper in all countrys thats all, then trolls couldnt really say ***** because you could mention the cost difference and the fact that while PS4 games look better, they dont look amazingly better.
#7mrpic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 3:37:49 PM
rusty12000 posted...
Id agree with you until, The last of us came out. Id consider it the best game so far on the next gen consoles. I loved Titanfall for a couple weeks, gameplay was simply amazing, but there isn't much substance in the game, handful of guns, gamemode and only 3 titans. I really hope TF2 improves on this.

And yes I know The last of us was on PS3 but titanfall was on 360 so they are on even playing ground in that sense.

imo i only play single player games once or twice ever and titanfall has more longevity because it has a nice multiplayer and had depth and replayability online.
#8kennyynnooPosted 8/29/2014 3:39:27 PM
rusty12000 posted...

Absolutely got bored with tlou, tried it 2x, no de d ire to finish, Its not even top 25 last gen for me let alone this gen.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#9vigorm0rtisPosted 8/29/2014 4:10:11 PM
That's true, but gaming was a substantially smaller industry at the start of last gen. Risks are harder and harder to take now that AAA titles have Hollywood summer blockbuster budgets, a large portion of the gaming community seems not to be able to afford their hobby, and the resale market in games is not symbiotic the way used auto or book sales are.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#10mrpic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 1:58:34 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
That's true, but gaming was a substantially smaller industry at the start of last gen. Risks are harder and harder to take now that AAA titles have Hollywood summer blockbuster budgets, a large portion of the gaming community seems not to be able to afford their hobby, and the resale market in games is not symbiotic the way used auto or book sales are.

the gaming industry has grown but not in the way you think
core gamers are still about the same 200 million similar to the ps2 sales and the sales between 360 and ps4 last gen

if we are talking sales competition and 200 mil is the bench mark then we have an interesting gen ahead, and as for your point about used sales Imo used is the reason our hobby is so expensive as the manufacturers have to hike up prices to make a profit versus the stores short selling everything.