1080p @ 60fps Exclusives. There aren't very many of them on either console

#11duericPosted 8/29/2014 3:32:51 PM
richboy900 posted...
dueric posted...
richboy900 posted...
Because both consoles are underpowered.

Smallest jump in console generations ever.

Well there is Kinect and a screen on the Dualshock.

True, and after the PS3 launch Sony would have wanted ps4 to be more affordable.

But most gamers would prefer a capable machine that has performance of a relatively high end computer like the Xbox 360 at launch.

A mid range gaming pc would leave eighth gen consoles in the dust, even at launch. That's disappointing Imo.

I agree completely. PS3 and 360 were true upgrades. The new systems are not. So much so that they're actually downgrades in many ways relative to the functionality we had last gen. Especially with the One.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#12Trigg3rH4ppy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 3:39:24 PM
dueric posted...
I agree completely. PS3 and 360 were true upgrades. The new systems are not. So much so that they're actually downgrades in many ways relative to the functionality we had last gen. Especially with the One.

i haven't had enough hands on time with the PS4 to comment, but i disagree on your point about the One. most of the features are either better or didn't exist on the 360. The only big thing the One is missing that the 360 had (and i can't for the life of me understand why it wasn't included from day one) is the ability to send voice messages. Some of the apps functioning different are more the fault of the respective apps owner than it is MS's.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9J7Prgg.jpg
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12
#13LEGEND_725Posted 8/29/2014 3:42:48 PM
Trigg3rH4ppy posted...
With resolution and framerate being one of the 'hot topics' that gamers like to argue about, if figured i'd compose a list of exclusives that actually run at 1080p 60fps.

I was surprised to find out that neither console really has that many. If the same game is available on another console or on PC i did not include them in the list because they aren't exclusives (games like Titanfall for example). I put The Last of Us on the list because from what i understand it had been completely rebuilt from the ground up which technically makes it a different game than the PS3 version, as well as Halo MCC because it's also completely rebuilt with a lot of different content than the originals. I tried to keep this as unbiased and factual as possible, here are my findings.

Xbox One
Forza 5
Killer Instinct (native 720p, 1080p 60fps after patch)
Halo MCC
Halo 5 (targeted 1080p, 60fps is confirmed)

PS4
Resogun
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Bloodborne (targeted @ 1080p 60fps,both unconfirmed)
TLOU Remastered

ex·clu·sive
adjective

an item or story published or broadcast by only one source.

Sources:
http://www.gamefaqs.com
http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

(**note: the ign lists some games for both consoles as exclusive when they aren't actually exclusive, i went through their list of exclusives and checked to see if any of those games are available on another platform. That is why some of the games they have listed as exclusives aren't listed in this topic*)

If i missed anything, or you have any disagreements with the list please explain what game and why it should or shouldn't be on the list so that we can updated the list. If anyone would like to go through all of the 1080p 60fps Wii U games i will gladly add them to the list. interestingly enough, the Wii U allegedly has more 1080p 60fps games than either the Xbox One or the PS4.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Wii-U-Has-More-Next-Gen-1080p-60fps-Games-Than-Xbox-One-PS4-59924.html

Great post.

Funny xbox is vastly underpowered and 720p machine yet its slated to have the same 1080p 60fps exclusives LOL
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#14Special-EddPosted 8/29/2014 3:46:01 PM
richboy900 posted...
dueric posted...
richboy900 posted...
Because both consoles are underpowered.

Smallest jump in console generations ever.

Well there is Kinect and a screen on the Dualshock.

True, and after the PS3 launch Sony would have wanted ps4 to be more affordable.

But most gamers would prefer a capable machine that has performance of a relatively high end computer like the Xbox 360 at launch.

A mid range gaming pc would leave eighth gen consoles in the dust, even at launch. That's disappointing Imo.

Seriously, this. At the risk of sounding like the PC master race 1080p and 60 fps are nothing new. Now that certain games are able to achieve it (at the cost of other various enhanced graphics settings) it is suddenly super important. I was blown away by the leap between the 6th and 7th generation of consoles. This time around, not so much.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Wii, WiiU, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, Vita, 360, XB1, PC
#15duericPosted 8/29/2014 3:51:33 PM
Trigg3rH4ppy posted...
dueric posted...

i haven't had enough hands on time with the PS4 to comment, but i disagree on your point about the One. most of the features are either better or didn't exist on the 360. The only big thing the One is missing that the 360 had (and i can't for the life of me understand why it wasn't included from day one) is the ability to send voice messages. Some of the apps functioning different are more the fault of the respective apps owner than it is MS's.

Granted, they have fixed many of the things we didn't get at launch, but that's where I'm comparing.

Going from Org Xbox to 360 was a HUGE step up (PS2 to 3 as well). Going from 360 to One (PS3 to 4) feels more lateral than anything, IMO.

Things like mandatory HD support/5.1 surround, 1st party wireless controllers, streamlined online, built in stores, custom soundtracks, etc...

With this gen we get better graphics. That's it. It's good, don't get me wrong. But in the end, we got less for more.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#16the36thchamberPosted 8/29/2014 7:48:16 PM
Trigg3rH4ppy posted...
With resolution and framerate being one of the 'hot topics' that gamers like to argue about, if figured i'd compose a list of exclusives that actually run at 1080p 60fps.

I was surprised to find out that neither console really has that many. If the same game is available on another console or on PC i did not include them in the list because they aren't exclusives (games like Titanfall for example). I put The Last of Us on the list because from what i understand it had been completely rebuilt from the ground up which technically makes it a different game than the PS3 version, as well as Halo MCC because it's also completely rebuilt with a lot of different content than the originals. I tried to keep this as unbiased and factual as possible, here are my findings.

Xbox One
Forza 5
Killer Instinct (native 720p, 1080p 60fps after patch)
Halo MCC
Halo 5 (targeted 1080p, 60fps is confirmed)

PS4
Resogun
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Bloodborne (targeted @ 1080p 60fps,both unconfirmed)
TLOU Remastered

ex·clu·sive
adjective

an item or story published or broadcast by only one source.

Sources:
http://www.gamefaqs.com
http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

(**note: the ign lists some games for both consoles as exclusive when they aren't actually exclusive, i went through their list of exclusives and checked to see if any of those games are available on another platform. That is why some of the games they have listed as exclusives aren't listed in this topic*)

If i missed anything, or you have any disagreements with the list please explain what game and why it should or shouldn't be on the list so that we can updated the list. If anyone would like to go through all of the 1080p 60fps Wii U games i will gladly add them to the list. interestingly enough, the Wii U allegedly has more 1080p 60fps games than either the Xbox One or the PS4.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Wii-U-Has-More-Next-Gen-1080p-60fps-Games-Than-Xbox-One-PS4-59924.html

Where did you get that Killer Instinct was 1080p after a patch? Are you talking about a future patch?
---
P - Sean Price
GT - xNinjaScrollx
#17PAL360Posted 8/30/2014 3:18:58 PM(edited)
There aren't much more exclusives, so far. Actually, most PS4 games, especially lately, run at 1080p and stable 60fps: Diablo 3, Metro Redux, Garden Warfare, etc...
#18Trigg3rH4ppy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 11:49:40 AM
the36thchamber posted...
Where did you get that Killer Instinct was 1080p after a patch? Are you talking about a future patch?

i read it in an article while looking up stuff for the OP. If that's not correct then I apologize for the misinformation. it's too late to edit the OP though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9J7Prgg.jpg
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12
#19NeonYoshi11Posted 8/31/2014 1:13:03 PM
What about for Wii U ?

* SM3D World & Mario Kart 8 & Smash Brothers right ?

or am I wrong ?
#20EastCoastKodyPosted 8/31/2014 1:20:56 PM
ok....Uncharted won't be out for over a year....and nobody has even seen footage of the game.

Isn't Last of Us not locked. That DF article said that the game dips to 50