Xbox One will probably be third in the console race

#1IemanderPosted 8/29/2014 3:06:09 PM
They're doing great in North America, having 1/4th higher sales as the Wii U, but absolutely horrible worldwide, not even approaching the Wii U in pretty much any figure. Their biggest problem was releasing in select regions, making sure people were able to make a choice between the PS4 and the XOne waaaaaaaaaaay before it even got released.

It's also going into direct competition with the PS4, forcing customers to make a choice between either console, instead of trying to market their product differently like Nintendo.

I'm pretty sad about this honestly, as it means we'll have less games made for the kinect in the end, the one defining feature of the XOne.

But Microsoft not even being able to beat the absolutely panned Wii U is disgracefull after their great run with the Xbox 360.
---
PC: i7-3820 | GTX 780 | 16GB DDR3 ---- Laptop: Dell Precision M6700 | i7-3740QM | Quadro K3000M | 16GB DDR3
360 | PS3 | WII | DS | 3DS | Vita
#2glassghost0Posted 8/29/2014 3:06:45 PM
k

cool story
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#3kennyynnooPosted 8/29/2014 3:09:54 PM
Lemander, business analyst professional. Such a success at his job that he spends his time here sharing his knowledge.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#4richboy900Posted 8/29/2014 3:13:20 PM
I can't see the wii u in second place at the end of the gen.

Sony
Microsoft
Nintendo
#5Iemander(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 3:13:42 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
Lemander, business analyst professional. Such a success at his job that he spends his time here sharing his knowledge.

I can assure you, a business analyst does completely different things :).

What you're talking about is probably a data analyst.
---
PC: i7-3820 | GTX 780 | 16GB DDR3 ---- Laptop: Dell Precision M6700 | i7-3740QM | Quadro K3000M | 16GB DDR3
#6SignalMyMiseryyPosted 8/29/2014 3:16:06 PM
Halo 5 and gears of war 4 are when xbox really pics up in sales.
#7Iemander(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 3:16:32 PM
richboy900 posted...
I can't see the wii u in second place at the end of the gen.

Sony
Microsoft
Nintendo

The thing is, in the US it seems like the Xbox One is competing with the PS4. But in many other countries the Xbox One is barely on display, many stores worldwide are simply not that interested in the Xbox One and the Wii U is selling much better.
---
#8kennyynnooPosted 8/29/2014 3:25:10 PM
You need to get out of the year one sales thought and realise the long picture. The Wii u is the oldest of the 3, it's sales will die down sooner, the race is xbox vs ps4 for the long run. Xbox makes updates and changes that will help itself more then ps4 will in that department but the ps4 having a little more power will carry it on to probably win unless MS does something major in updates which it's shown flashes of this year imo. The media player is step one imo. We all know the ps3 custom music player was trash for in game. But anyways the Wii u will die off sooner, it'll be 3rd and if it's players are lucky they'll have a new console before this gens sales end or Nintendo bows out of business.
---
#9Iemander(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 3:37:13 PM(edited)
kennyynnoo posted...
You need to get out of the year one sales thought and realise the long picture. The Wii u is the oldest of the 3, it's sales will die down sooner, the race is xbox vs ps4 for the long run. Xbox makes updates and changes that will help itself more then ps4 will in that department but the ps4 having a little more power will carry it on to probably win unless MS does something major in updates which it's shown flashes of this year imo. The media player is step one imo. We all know the ps3 custom music player was trash for in game. But anyways the Wii u will die off sooner, it'll be 3rd and if it's players are lucky they'll have a new console before this gens sales end or Nintendo bows out of business.

Nintendo out of business? They've got more profit on their systems than either Microsoft or Sony.

Also, if a console doesn't sell it doesn't sell. At the moment the Xbox One is selling worse than the Wii U, so it's much more susceptible to "die out" sooner. Not that I want that of course, but Microsoft has already trying changing many many features to convince gamers. They've even already dropped the price 6 months after release, I don't think that's ever been done before. None of that seems to have any result whatsoever.
---
#10kennyynnooPosted 8/29/2014 3:47:50 PM
Iemander posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Nintendo out of business? They've got more profit on their systems than either Microsoft or Sony.

Also, if a console doesn't sell it doesn't sell. At the moment the Xbox One is selling worse than the Wii U, so it's much more susceptible to "die out" sooner. Not that I want that of course, but Microsoft has already trying changing many many features to convince gamers. They've even already dropped the price 6 months after release, I don't think that's ever been done before. None of that seems to have any result whatsoever.

Current profit doesn't mean future profit loss is avoidable, Nintendo is hanging on but MS has the money to survive, Nintendo can't survive profit loss as long. Sales are still meaningless this early though.
---