Sledgehammer's take on CoD feels pretentious

#1M16CrowbarPosted 8/29/2014 4:10:46 PM
Anyone else feel the same? Seriously, MW3 and Ghost felt like lame fanmade CoD games that didnt feel like in the same caliber as MW and MW2. It felt like a bootleg version because it has all the Hollywood explosions, but not the charisma or charm. Their single player campaign was the result of trying too hard and not understanding the formula of what makes a good MW game.It's like an Asian movie that's transitioned to an American movie. The scenes are all there but the real charm is gone (Like the movie Oldboy). At least Trearc are keeping their take on what CoD is but never feel fake from their roots. Hell, i can even say they are better than IW now.

What are your thoughts on SH or the old MW series?
#2grampamurkedPosted 8/29/2014 4:21:56 PM
Cod singleplayer never had any "charm" lol

Its never been more than run from point a to b & shoot everything in between.
Multiplayer has gone downhill since 4 & WAW and is pretty much just twitch trash at this point. It's become nothing more than a game aimed at kids who can't sit still for more than 30 seconds, much less play with any kind of patience or strategy.

I have hope for the new one but not much
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#3Mr_SpacelyPosted 8/29/2014 4:22:34 PM
Sledgehammer developed Ghosts?
---
PS4: EQTOPLASM | X1: Xanivert
Who put cookies in his mouth? You're not supposed to do that
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 8/29/2014 4:29:19 PM
I'm guessing this is more an issue of you getting older than the series having less charm. CoD is what it is and hasn't changed much in that department, at least in my estimation.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#5Foxx3kPosted 8/29/2014 4:32:56 PM
Ghosts felt like a more shameless copy of the Call of Duty formula than GameLoft's Modern Combat series. Except Ghosts was done far far far far far far worse.

Advanced Warfare looks like a desperate attempt to differentiate while being sure to leave in all the awful bits that draw the ignorant masses.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#6MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/29/2014 6:22:18 PM
To me Battlefield Bad Company 2 felt more like the sequel to MW1 than MW2.
---
"It's not about visuals or gameplay. It's about exclusives." - Special-Edd
#7DojoMaxPosted 8/29/2014 6:26:13 PM
M16Crowbar posted...
Anyone else feel the same? Seriously, MW3 and Ghost felt like lame fanmade CoD games that didnt feel like in the same caliber as MW and MW2. It felt like a bootleg version because it has all the Hollywood explosions, but not the charisma or charm. Their single player campaign was the result of trying too hard and not understanding the formula of what makes a good MW game.It's like an Asian movie that's transitioned to an American movie. The scenes are all there but the real charm is gone (Like the movie Oldboy). At least Trearc are keeping their take on what CoD is but never feel fake from their roots. Hell, i can even say they are better than IW now.

What are your thoughts on SH or the old MW series?

COD4:MW, MW2 and Blops2 were like the gold standard of new era CoD games. It's unfair to compare subpar efforts to those games.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#8Foxx3kPosted 8/29/2014 7:17:21 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...
To me Battlefield Bad Company 2 felt more like the sequel to MW1 than MW2.

Bad Company 2 is so good.

I can't believe how bad BF3 and BF4 are compared to BC2.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#9CammyApplePosted 8/29/2014 8:01:17 PM
When you consider the massive success that was Call of Duty Elite I would say everyone is in good hands with Sledgehammer. Also as long as they let Raven design the maps they can't lose.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#10Foxx3kPosted 8/29/2014 8:06:28 PM
CammyApple posted...
When you consider the massive success that was Call of Duty Elite I would say everyone is in good hands with Sledgehammer. Also as long as they let Raven design the maps they can't lose.

COD Elite was done by Beach Head Studios and COD Elite was shut down .... ? ?? ???
---