Gotta laugh at the double standards: EXCLUSIVES

#11duericPosted 8/29/2014 4:59:17 PM
Unfortunately, double standard has no meaning on this board other than being an e-life philosophy.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#12imjustdatnicePosted 8/29/2014 5:02:23 PM(edited)
Since when we're those franchises ever exclusive. They all have titles spanning all 3 big console makers?
---
Now Playing: Dragon's Dogma (DA), MMBN 5 Double Team DS, Tales of Xillia 2,Diablo 3 UEE (PS4)
GT:VernalTomcat76 PSN:PhillyAces
#13casper316Posted 8/29/2014 5:02:44 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
So playstation loses three of its biggest franchises to XBOX #1: METAL GEAR SOLID, FINAL FANTASY, KINGDOM HEARTS, (four if you wanna count tomb raider which is timed for xbox so ps4 owners might never get it or have to wait a year).

But we are supposed to feel bad because Ryse and Dead Rising went to PC (NOT EVEN SONY), and neither of these are blockbuster like MGS, FF, KH, TR?

Can someone explain to me how this works?

well what I don't get is how the hell do they come up with PC is a console, either way you look at it if they say Xbox exclusive they are talking about console only sales as they do not count game sales on PC when they count sales for console games. PC is in it's own separate market/demographic.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#14casper316Posted 8/29/2014 5:04:26 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
It's a very simple method TC. Just realize that everything MS does is horrible, and anything good didn't really happen. You'll never go wrong following this formula.

yeah this... if it's got MS name attached to it it's bad, but anyone else Sony/Nintendo it's a gift from god.
---
#15IzraeilPosted 8/29/2014 5:06:58 PM
Because those franchises were only exclusive because Playstation consoles dominated the competition to a degree that publishers didn't think it was worth their time or money to make ports for Nintendo and MS consoles. It's not like Sony had an exclusivity deal with them.

Last gen when 360 took a sizable portion of Playstation players most of PS2 exclusive franchises went multiplat. And there was a lot of butthurt and fun making for years, but by now everyone's kinda over it and has accepted that those franchises are not exclusives.

Are you really suggesting people should still be talking about how final fantasy is not Playstation exclusive anymore? It's been what like 6 years since that fact?
#16UtterMoonPosted 8/29/2014 5:10:07 PM
And yet Sony still has a slew of incredible exclusives and they continue to fund/develop new ones....and I don't understand what you mean by double standards...no one in their right mind is saying that the next Kingdom Hearts, MGS or Final Fantasy are Sony exclusives...and yet people are claiming that Ryse and Dead Rising 3 are...when in fact they are being released on PC as well....something tells me that you don't understand what a double standard is, and that you must be having a pretty slow day if you went out of your way to make a stupid topic like this.
#17casper316Posted 8/29/2014 5:12:11 PM
teeebz posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
teeebz posted...
Even though this is a troll post to rile people up, for once, there's some truth to it. Playstation had some pretty big titles that were usually PS but have now made, and are making their way over to xbox. That's never brought up though.

Either way there's always double standards that go both ways. Xbox people yell about stuff like this, then PS people yell about other stuff. Glad I own both systems.

I swear im not trolling i just thought of this before bed last night would love to hear the usuals expalin this one.

But it will be seen as trolling regardless even though these are facts. Another double standard I guess.

For example- lilj, metroid, Xeeh, Laylow, etc make an obvious negative thread/post about Xbox. When people get on their case they give the whole "these are facts. Why is it just because I spread information it makes me a troll? Stupid xbots!"

Now, you are doing the same thing but pro xbox. You will be called out by people like a few of the names I mentioned above that you are trolling and reassurance and xbot yada yada. Even though you're posting facts.

Double standards. Whatever works in a trolls favor.

well I don't see it as trolling he's asking here on the xbox one board and to me what he asked is about the xbox, it started with it anyways it is a good question too. now I think it would be trolling if he asked the same question on the PS4 board.

those guys you mentioned all they do is post negative things about xbox one neglecting all the positive things, what they do is trolling plain and simple because they do it day after day after day after day after day. been doing it since the xbox one was announced. the mods here just simply don't do a damn thing about it either but if one of us would go and make the exact same topic about the PS4 on it's board we would bet modded in a heart beat, that's a damn double standard if I ever seen one.
---
#18casper316Posted 8/29/2014 5:12:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19casper316Posted 8/29/2014 5:17:34 PM
UtterMoon posted...
And yet Sony still has a slew of incredible exclusives and they continue to fund/develop new ones....and I don't understand what you mean by double standards...no one in their right mind is saying that the next Kingdom Hearts, MGS or Final Fantasy are Sony exclusives...and yet people are claiming that Ryse and Dead Rising 3 are...when in fact they are being released on PC as well....something tells me that you don't understand what a double standard is, and that you must be having a pretty slow day if you went out of your way to make a stupid topic like this.

did you not read his entire post, of just about the PS games going multiplat. he's said why don't the trolls talk about the PS games they lost when they mention the 2 games that got PC ports from xbox one and that are still Xbox exclusive. instead they make no mention of kingdom hearts, MGS, or FF. just keep throwing up ryse and DR3 up in our faces saying we lost exclusives when in reality we didn't.
---
#20rusty12000Posted 8/29/2014 5:18:00 PM
Boring night legend? No games to play I see.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM