Thinking of selling my Xbox One for a Wii U

#11kennyynnooPosted 8/29/2014 10:13:13 PM
You either love the Wii games or have zero interest in them. Sounds like the TC loves them and fell for the titanfall hype. Wish I can throw money away like this.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#12heedtheninja67(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 10:14:34 PM
Nah, I only spend about 1/3 of my spare time playing games. Destiny will be on 360 as well as CoD. Not into medieval stuff like Skyrim, so Witcher and DA are out, though I liked Mass Effect a lot. Might get back into SF4 since Ultra is out.

Man, you guys are hostile. Good thing I don't play Madden LOLL. Martin must be TRUE gamer.
#13heedtheninja67(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 10:17:58 PM
cloudtheprophet posted...
I have both, I don't regret having either of them. I play my Wii U maybe every other day, the Xbone is on almost all the time as I use the hdmi for TV. What are your concerns with the gamepad?

Mainly playing it at the store, it felt huge and not very ergonomic. Had to reach really far to select things on the screen, which could have been done by just a couple extra movements on a normal controller. Joystick felt a little cheap. Changing out batteries sucks too. Always played with wired when I could.
#14cloudtheprophetPosted 8/29/2014 10:44:47 PM
You don't have to change out the battery? The only game I have problems with using the gamepad is Mario Kart 8, the buttons are smaller and closer together compared to the Pro controller. It's actually a lot lighter than most people think. I would say display models are a little bit heavier. Off screen play is definitely a big plus of the gamepad too
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet Xbox Live: Cloudtheprophet
http://youtu.be/SiMHTK15Pik
#15Sith JediPosted 8/29/2014 11:03:27 PM
One thing I've learned in my years of gaming: do NOT sell a console, you will regret it. Not quite as true for previous gen when you're well into current gen, but still true. Something will inevitably be announced that will make you kick yourself, especially this early in the generation.

Wii U is dirt cheap, just save up and have multiple systems. Black Friday is coming up and there will definitely be some good bundurus available.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#16L96A1BOSSPosted 8/29/2014 11:05:25 PM
pwnater777 posted...
L96A1BOSS posted...
McCartneyMartin posted...
TC sounds like he's 14. No desire for games like The Witcher 3, The Division, Destiny, Metal Gear, Dragon Age, the list is endless. No. He jumps right on the FPS. TC is whats wrong with gaming.

The fact he thinking about getting wii u show he have no interest in playing games.

Wow, this is ridiculously hypocritical. The Xbox One is known for being more of a multimedia console than any other, and the Wii U is practically solely for games.

Is this the twilight zone? The poster above me list a few AAA games and I can't find a single one that's playable on the wii u and I never talk much of what Nintendo doing now I just ignore it.
#17pwnater777Posted 8/29/2014 11:07:56 PM
L96A1BOSS posted...
pwnater777 posted...
L96A1BOSS posted...
McCartneyMartin posted...
TC sounds like he's 14. No desire for games like The Witcher 3, The Division, Destiny, Metal Gear, Dragon Age, the list is endless. No. He jumps right on the FPS. TC is whats wrong with gaming.

The fact he thinking about getting wii u show he have no interest in playing games.

Wow, this is ridiculously hypocritical. The Xbox One is known for being more of a multimedia console than any other, and the Wii U is practically solely for games.

Is this the twilight zone? The poster above me list a few AAA games and I can't find a single one that's playable on the wii u and I never talk much of what Nintendo doing now I just ignore it.

Then you must not realize that the Wii U is getting tons of exclusives in the next year or two.
---
Kojima and Del Toro working on a new Silent Hill starring Norman Reedus... this means the world to me.
Currently playing: Crusader Kings 2, Chrono Trigger DS
#18zerooo0Posted 8/29/2014 11:36:28 PM
If you want to stupidly give up on the system this soon in it's life then sell it. Get rid of it. Remember the X1 is not even a year old yet, so games take time to make for any console. Even the Wii U had a pathetic start from the first year and a half which if you ask me the first year and half of the X1/PS4 far exceed the Wii U and 2015 for X1/PS4 far exceed the Wii U.

To me the Wii U is nothing more than a complimentary console. I would never just own a Wii U.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#19miethaPosted 8/30/2014 12:06:09 AM(edited)
The Wii U is a pile of donkey crap. Seriously, I've owned very nearly ever system ever made (except for the Neo Geo and the CD-i), and the Wii U is by FAR the system I've used the least. I played the JAGUAR more than that pile of junk. It is a horribly conceived product in every way imaginable. Having a few good games doesn't forgive ALL of the mistakes that it makes.
#20ValzacardXPosted 8/30/2014 12:20:49 AM
zerooo0 posted...
If you want to stupidly give up on the system this soon in it's life then sell it. Get rid of it. Remember the X1 is not even a year old yet, so games take time to make for any console. Even the Wii U had a pathetic start from the first year and a half which if you ask me the first year and half of the X1/PS4 far exceed the Wii U and 2015 for X1/PS4 far exceed the Wii U.

To me the Wii U is nothing more than a complimentary console. I would never just own a Wii U.

---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement