Thinking of selling my Xbox One for a Wii U

#41stawg007Posted 8/30/2014 5:12:47 AM
Like others have said, don't sell

We're barely into this gen and a game could come out anytime and blow you away

Give it a little time
#42heedtheninja67(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 5:41:15 AM(edited)
Appreciate the input. Not disagreeing with anyone, but as a counter-argument - By the time most of the decent exclusives come out, there will be a slim console/bundle. Also, exclusivity is almost dead. Anything third party is eventually released on PS4 and includes all DLC and possibly better resolution (which isn't too important because I play on a 24" monitor). Also wondering how long games will be released cross-gen.
#43metaldiggle2Posted 8/30/2014 5:45:22 AM
Keep the X1, get the better and cheaper Nintendo system for your Nintendo fix.. the 3DS. Though you may want to wait for the new models to release as they are definitely going to be better than what is currently out.
---
Bears/Blackhawks/Cubs/Bulls. Chicago.
#44heedtheninja67(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 5:48:48 AM
Homie_202 posted...
SaltyBotz posted...
Keep the Xbox One, you're better off.

I just took a SC of my Wii-U:

http://i.imgur.com/FQIzwid.jpg

If that gives any indication how much I play the thing....

The Wiiu has way more games then the xbox one so I'm not sure if you're trolling or what. Also ewwww

Hah, that's actually how my X1 looked before I boxed it. Should've left that plastic on...
#45triple sPosted 8/30/2014 5:53:23 AM
The Wii U is a secondary console. There are some great games out on it, but it will have almost zero third party support in the next year and I can't imagine someone not being interested in ANY third party games. The Xbox One is within the first year so it would be foolish to think that within the first year it would have a huge assortment of games. You should of done research before even buying the console.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#46heedtheninja67(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 6:00:18 AM
triple s posted...
The Wii U is a secondary console. There are some great games out on it, but it will have almost zero third party support in the next year and I can't imagine someone not being interested in ANY third party games. The Xbox One is within the first year so it would be foolish to think that within the first year it would have a huge assortment of games. You should of done research before even buying the console.

I did. I wanted Titanfall, Killer Instinct, and was hoping there would be a good Call of Duty, in which Ghosts was a flop compared to Black Ops 2. Was optimistic going into E3, but wasn't too impressed with anything that would have been "exclusive" aside from Scalebound because I love Platinum games. Other games that I was somewhat interested in are available cross gen. Selling it is a matter of it not taking up space, depreciating in value, and having a better version available down the line.
#47heedtheninja67(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 6:09:54 AM
L96A1BOSS posted...
McCartneyMartin posted...
TC sounds like he's 14. No desire for games like The Witcher 3, The Division, Destiny, Metal Gear, Dragon Age, the list is endless. No. He jumps right on the FPS. TC is whats wrong with gaming.

The fact he thinking about getting wii u show he have no interest in playing games.

JonTron, Why do people play video games?
I don't know, I was assuming it was to have fun.
I'm not having fun.
Oh.
#48triple sPosted 8/30/2014 6:11:53 AM
And you're losing money selling it. The Wii U is a decent console with a few great games coming down the road. Without proper third party support, the console isn't going to last long. Again, how much research did you really do if most of the games you are looking forward to are cross gen and you're not concerned with playing the better version?
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#49Rafficus_IIIPosted 8/30/2014 6:19:44 AM
Your life, do as you wish. Enjoy whichever route you take, both are great consoles.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#50IceHuskyPosted 8/30/2014 6:31:08 AM
By the way, do you have a secondary console, heedtheninja67? If you do sell your Xbox One for a Wii U, just know that the Wii U games that do release are few-and-far-between, so if the Wii U is your only console after selling your Xbox One, you will have quite a huge gaps of boredom between game releases. I know the Nintendo games are attractive, especially with the soulless games on the Xbox or PS consoles, but really only having a Wii U really serves no purpose if you are a diehard gamer who likes to play new games on a constant basis.

Now if you have another console, such as a PS4, I guess go ahead and sell it and get that Wii U. I'd rather be an Xbox One/Wii U owner, but if you would rather be a PS4/Wii U owner, then that's cool. It's your choice. :)
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980