Thinking of selling my Xbox One for a Wii U

#51heedtheninja67(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 6:37:50 AM(edited)
triple s posted...
And you're losing money selling it. The Wii U is a decent console with a few great games coming down the road. Without proper third party support, the console isn't going to last long. Again, how much research did you really do if most of the games you are looking forward to are cross gen and you're not concerned with playing the better version?

The money I would lose is fine for the couple months I got out of it, including the free game. If we're nitpicking about money... I could bring in the large power consumption of X1... but anyway.
When I bought the console, there wasn't a lot of research to go on besides videos of the games I was excited for. I did care about the better version, but after seeing a few, it's not that much better. Thanks though.
#52heedtheninja67(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 6:37:28 AM
IceHusky posted...
By the way, do you have a secondary console, heedtheninja67? If you do sell your Xbox One for a Wii U, just know that the Wii U games that do release are few-and-far-between, so if the Wii U is your only console after selling your Xbox One, you will have quite a huge gaps of boredom between game releases. I know the Nintendo games are attractive, especially with the soulless games on the Xbox or PS consoles, but really only having a Wii U really serves no purpose if you are a diehard gamer who likes to play new games on a constant basis.

Now if you have another console, such as a PS4, I guess go ahead and sell it and get that Wii U. I'd rather be an Xbox One/Wii U owner, but if you would rather be a PS4/Wii U owner, then that's cool. It's your choice. :)

I have a 360. Might pick up a slim PS4/X1 when it comes out and each have better games. Gaming is probably my #2 hobby, so I won't be bored very often :)
#53IceHuskyPosted 8/30/2014 6:42:15 AM(edited)
heedtheninja67 posted...
IceHusky posted...
By the way, do you have a secondary console, heedtheninja67? If you do sell your Xbox One for a Wii U, just know that the Wii U games that do release are few-and-far-between, so if the Wii U is your only console after selling your Xbox One, you will have quite a huge gaps of boredom between game releases. I know the Nintendo games are attractive, especially with the soulless games on the Xbox or PS consoles, but really only having a Wii U really serves no purpose if you are a diehard gamer who likes to play new games on a constant basis.

Now if you have another console, such as a PS4, I guess go ahead and sell it and get that Wii U. I'd rather be an Xbox One/Wii U owner, but if you would rather be a PS4/Wii U owner, then that's cool. It's your choice. :)

I have a 360. Might pick up a slim PS4/X1 when it comes out and each have better games. Gaming is probably my #2 hobby, so I won't be bored very often :)

Oh ok, if you have a 360 then you should have another year of life in it with getting the same 3rd party games on it that the Xbox One will get, albeit in a downgraded state. However, at least you will have a secondary console to play on while waiting in-between games with the Wii U. So that's cool I guess.

I want a Wii U too, but my Xbox One is my only recent console; with my SNES and Genesis being my other two consoles. So selling my Xbox One console is not an option for me since I want to play many of the games that the Wii U isn't going to get. I am just going to save for a Wii U and hopefully buy one sometime in 2015. :)
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
#54BoomerTheGreatPosted 8/30/2014 6:43:47 AM
The U is a great system TC. If you like Nintendo games buy it. The gamepad is comfy IMO if you dont like it after using the gamepad for a week just buy a WiiU Pro controller. Its basically like the 360 controller
---
Greatness comes from within
#55neogeoftwPosted 8/30/2014 7:10:58 AM(edited)
If you are serious tc I would wait to see if any deals pop up for a Wii u around the holidays. That way you don't sell your xbone.

I have a Wii u and ps4 and I play my Wii u more than the ps4. It all depends on the types of games you like. I enjoy Nintendo's 1st and 2nd party titles and there is enough for me to be happy with the wii u.

Right now I kinda wish I would have bought an xbone first instead of a ps4. The ps4 is fine but I honestly feel like the xbone has more exclusives I want to play compared to the ps4 right now.
#56zinsindettaPosted 8/30/2014 10:06:39 AM
heedtheninja67 posted...

Nintendo is coming out with a bunch of stuff that brings nostalgia back (DK Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Zelda), ?

Wow Nintendo is doing that? Have they ever done that before on any other one of their consoles? I would of never guessed...
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#57Jedi454Posted 8/30/2014 10:27:46 AM
Sell your Xbox if you no longer feel as though you're getting value out of it and I recommend building a gaming PC, you'll be happy with the performance, the games available and the prices. A lot of my friends have made the switch to PC, due to consoles losing their focus on gaming, i've met tonnes of people that are passionate gamers as well, that use mics and actually communicate. PC is leagues ahead of console in even the social aspect of gaming.

As for the Wii U, wait a couple years down the line when they become disposable like the Wii, pick one up with a dozen games dirt cheap and profit. The Wii U's game library is almost as poor as the XB1's and PS4's.
#58HARDCORE1107Posted 8/30/2014 10:30:09 AM
Hey hey hey! I got the same bundle the box art is cool. But besides that I'd TRADE my hard earned Xbox one (+ my gold membership with rewards etc) just to start new with a Nintendo wii u I understand the excitement for (smb & mk8) but trade hell no. Better yet I'm getting the wii when soon bundle deal do my research on that just smb ya feel me! :)
#59HARDCORE1107Posted 8/30/2014 10:37:20 AM
The last time I traded a system was because I had my friends helping me decide to trade in my ps2 (bulky size) for GAME CUBE! Which was understandable because it had wwe exclusives like wm19 18 and day of reckoning Mario kart dd Nfl street smb MELEE it was a legit trade I get to experience those games which turned out to be greatest hits.. later on Christmas I saved my money and got ps2 slim for Smack down here come thesl PAIN and nba live 2005 (I bet mad money with friends and cousin the competition was real lol) that it
#60Mister_FreshPosted 8/30/2014 11:54:05 AM
I hardly ever post on console boards I don't own but from a Wii U owner, I can honestly say I hardly play the thing. It just lacks third party support which really hinders its ability to compete with the other current consoles. I spent a lot more time browsing the internet or going on Miiverse than playing games on the Wii U.

Everyone is different, so your experiences may vary but this is coming from a huge Nintendo fan. I prefer the Wii U over the Wii but the trickling releases of games is irritating and that's why Nintendo needs third party games to fill the gaps between their own first party games.

Selling the X1 might be good if your young and don't have a lot of disposable income but if you are working, I would suggest to keep it for games to come out in the future and just save up for the Wii U.
At the end of the day though, it's your console and your choice what you decide to do with it.
---
3DS Friend Code - 3411 - 0360 - 6459
IGN - Fraz TSV - 3224