So Activision is now going after Rockstar Games and the GTA series

#1DepreceV2Posted 8/30/2014 5:02:26 AM
Apparently they are in hot pursuit. EA was after them as well but they were turned down. If they get them then they will have Blizzard, Bungie and Rockstar. Not to mention the record breaking Call of Duty Franchise. That would turn them into a major powerhouse.

My question is.... If they turned down EA what makes Activision so much better?
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#2puffnbillys420Posted 8/30/2014 5:05:06 AM(edited)
That would be the beginning of the end for rockstar
---
If you aint first you're last
#3astutecolliePosted 8/30/2014 5:06:54 AM(edited)
Money money money. Its not about whos better than who. Its who can write a check with enough 0s.
#4LanternOfAshPosted 8/30/2014 5:07:55 AM
I can already imagine all the preorder 'bonuses'.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#5kidwgmPosted 8/30/2014 5:08:28 AM
I would say that they are already a powerhouse.
---
Currently Playing: Lego Marvel Super Heros, FTL iOS and Peggle 2.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#6gamefaqwatcherPosted 8/30/2014 5:18:01 AM
Online only single player + DDoS.

Great.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#7mygoodluckcharmPosted 8/30/2014 5:26:17 AM
Tell me, why do rockstar need activision?
Rockstar have the money they all need.
#8kennyynnooPosted 8/30/2014 5:31:05 AM
mygoodluckcharm posted...
Tell me, why do rockstar need activision?
Rockstar have the money they all need.

Because when you own it and it makes you a ton of money off GTAV it's worth a ton despite your best product being out the door. After gtav they have to wait several years to profit like that again, take the money and run or gamble on gaming again? I'd sell it and retire happily, gaming is a hard business to succeed in lately.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#9mjc0961Posted 8/30/2014 6:02:48 AM
Sounds good to me. Maybe Activision could whip them into shape so they stop releasing games with missing game modes that were heavily hyped and advertised and make sure the online mode is available day one and it works properly too.

Hell, Rockstar has fallen so far that they basically are at the level EA would have put them on anyway. Might as well let EA buy them at this point, it wouldn't change anything. What's EA going to do, make them release buggy, unfinished games with broken online modes chock full of microtransactions? Oh wait, GTA V was exactly that with no help from EA. EA cannot make Rockstar any worse at this point.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#10Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/30/2014 6:03:49 AM
So now instead of being Activision Blizzard, it shall be Activison Blizzard Rockstar

Awesome.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant