Fibbage is Xbox One GOTY, don't pass it up if you like multiplayer games

#1Enix BelmontPosted 8/30/2014 11:30:34 AM
Possibly a bit hyperbole, but it's super fun for 7 bucks, and a legit contender for best local multiplayer of the year so far for xbox one, at the least.

Don't pass it up thinking it's shovelware, it's done by the You Don't Know Jack guys, and has the same announcer(cookie masterson). It's also 8 player, and you use the webbrowser on a phone/tablet/computer instead of of an actual controller, which is a very reasonable thing(no app required, no setup required). The game is basically trivia, but the players put in the wrong choices, and you get points for getting a question right, or someone else picking your lie. Very basic, but for only 7 bucks, and tons and tons of questions, it's great.

I feel like based on the boxart and the name, people assume it's garbage, but it's really good.
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#2RuinerEraserPosted 8/30/2014 11:33:21 AM
Never even knew this game existed. Do I have to use my phone as a controller? Is there online play?
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Diablo 3, Dead Rising 3
#3Charity_DiaryPosted 8/30/2014 11:38:41 AM
I enjoy it, but it's kind of a ripoff.

Yes, you can play it "online" by having other people go to the web site on their phone or computer and joining your room, but they can't see the correct answers or the scores or anything. In fact, that's the only thing preventing this game from being a free flash game - the fact that vital information is only shown on the television, when it could easily be shown on the web site as well, essentially forcing you to pay money to see a few lines of info in a basically free game.

Could have easily been an online multiplayer game, where people could make their own questions to add to the longevity of the game - easily!

I give it a 7 for the fun factor, but subtract 4 for the lack of effort put into it and the pointless local limitations. 3/10
---
Trey Songz #1 Fan!
Charity_Diary
#4Enix Belmont(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 11:52:19 AM
RuinerEraser posted...
Never even knew this game existed. Do I have to use my phone as a controller? Is there online play?

Yes, or any webbrowser. You simply play through any web browser, as well as the TV.

Online you can play with anyone if you simply stream it, which I've seen someone do - anyone can join and play from their phone.

Online isn't something I care about, it's not that kind of game to me. It's got the appeal of board games and YDKJ, which are exactly the kind of games I'd play in the same room.
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#5glassghost0Posted 8/30/2014 11:57:46 AM
Charity_Diary posted...

Yes, you can play it "online" by having other people go to the web site on their phone or computer and joining your room, but they can't see the correct answers or the scores or anything. In fact, that's the only thing preventing this game from being a free flash game - the fact that vital information is only shown on the television, when it could easily be shown on the web site as well, essentially forcing you to pay money to see a few lines of info in a basically free game.

Could have easily been an online multiplayer game, where people could make their own questions to add to the longevity of the game - easily!

I give it a 7 for the fun factor, but subtract 4 for the lack of effort put into it and the pointless local limitations. 3/10

Why not a 2/10? Or 3.5/10?

And you didn't even have to buy it.....
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#6Charity_DiaryPosted 8/30/2014 12:09:31 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Charity_Diary posted...

Why not a 2/10? Or 3.5/10?

And you didn't even have to buy it.....

I don't regret buying it or anything. I play it with Ashley on occasion. But it didn't really need to cost money, especially not that much money lol
---
Trey Songz #1 Fan!
Charity_Diary
#7Enix Belmont(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 7:51:00 AM
You can just go to twitch and join someone's game...don't need to buy it.

The game honestly wouldn't work well online...It's trivia, for one, so you can google the answer in 5 seconds easily. The entire appeal is for local.
---
#8CyberEvilPosted 9/1/2014 8:20:30 AM
I love the game but a simple option of joining a room from the Xbox would be killer. Then I could truly play rounds with my friends that aren't at my place.
---
Live: CyberEvil
PSN: CyberEvil-PSN