Do you think Smash Bros. Wii U will stop the XOne from getting out of 3rd place?

#31Reece504Posted 8/30/2014 7:40:10 PM
darkness1018 posted...
dnmt posted...
darkness1018 posted...
There's little doubt the XB1 will overtake the WiiU for 2nd place. MK8 didn't sell as many WiiUs as everyone thought & it's a bigger game then Smash. If Smash doesn't move many WiiUs then maybe Nintendo is in trouble.

Uhh it's outselling the Xbone everywhere but the US. At this rate the Xbone may not overtake it at all.

I like the WiiU, I do. I used to own one & liked the gamepad. Here's the problem, After Smash they have only 1 more really big exclusive left, Zelda U. After that, what then? The have no 3rd party support. XB1 has the 3rd parties plus Halo 5 & Gears 4, which will move a ton of systems.

Exactly no need to argue with Nintendo fans they seem to think everything is fine and they are actually doing good where as Nintendo is doing everything wrong. Alienating 3ds owners with a new 3ds coming with certain games only playable on the new one. Releasing smash first on 3ds shoots the wii u sale in the foot, it's still going to sell but a lot of people are buying it on 3ds and some bought a 3ds recently just to import smash.

Wii u has no third party support which is the big factor they will lose just off that alone. They have to rely on first party and Nintendo takes there time so expect droughts and fewer titles each year. Like I said there goal post keep getting moved first it was pikmin 3, than wonderful 101, then no it's dk, no it's 3d mario no it's mario kart. Next big game that they banking on is smash after that then what? Bayonetta 2 as much as I love it won't move a ton of systems.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#32kyncaniPosted 8/30/2014 9:16:34 PM
Reece504 posted...
darkness1018 posted...
dnmt posted...
darkness1018 posted...
There's little doubt the XB1 will overtake the WiiU for 2nd place. MK8 didn't sell as many WiiUs as everyone thought & it's a bigger game then Smash. If Smash doesn't move many WiiUs then maybe Nintendo is in trouble.

Uhh it's outselling the Xbone everywhere but the US. At this rate the Xbone may not overtake it at all.

I like the WiiU, I do. I used to own one & liked the gamepad. Here's the problem, After Smash they have only 1 more really big exclusive left, Zelda U. After that, what then? The have no 3rd party support. XB1 has the 3rd parties plus Halo 5 & Gears 4, which will move a ton of systems.

Exactly no need to argue with Nintendo fans they seem to think everything is fine and they are actually doing good where as Nintendo is doing everything wrong. Alienating 3ds owners with a new 3ds coming with certain games only playable on the new one. Releasing smash first on 3ds shoots the wii u sale in the foot, it's still going to sell but a lot of people are buying it on 3ds and some bought a 3ds recently just to import smash.

Wii u has no third party support which is the big factor they will lose just off that alone. They have to rely on first party and Nintendo takes there time so expect droughts and fewer titles each year. Like I said there goal post keep getting moved first it was pikmin 3, than wonderful 101, then no it's dk, no it's 3d mario no it's mario kart. Next big game that they banking on is smash after that then what? Bayonetta 2 as much as I love it won't move a ton of systems.

Even if the Wii U is lacking third party support - and that is a big problem - , the Xbox One has been moving at a very slow pace since it launched.

Problem with the Xbox One isn't third party support though, it's that the PS4 is just eating it alive.
#33SampsonMPosted 8/30/2014 9:40:06 PM
Even if the Wii U is lacking third party support - and that is a big problem - , the Xbox One has been moving at a very slow pace since it launched.

Problem with the Xbox One isn't third party support though, it's that the PS4 is just eating it alive.

Yeah -- I doubt the Xbox One will catch up to the PS4 anytime soon. A $350 bundle with Master Chief Collection might've helped a lot this holiday season, but that doesn't look likely to happen now.

But that said, the console generation is still likely to finish:

PS4 - 100M
Xbox One - 50M
Wii U - 15M
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#34kyncaniPosted 8/30/2014 10:01:07 PM
SampsonM posted...

Yeah -- I doubt the Xbox One will catch up to the PS4 anytime soon. A $350 bundle with Master Chief Collection might've helped a lot this holiday season, but that doesn't look likely to happen now.

But that said, the console generation is still likely to finish:

PS4 - 100M
Xbox One - 50M
Wii U - 15M

Dunno about the numbers but the order does sound about right.

Unless someone else successfully launches a game console, in which case the Xbox One or the Wii U should disappear, not necessarily in that order either.

And frankly it is high time for a new console maker : it's already been two gens we've had to deal with Sony / Nintendo / Microsoft.

I call for a change.
#35SampsonMPosted 8/30/2014 10:08:22 PM
And frankly it is high time for a new console maker : it's already been two gens we've had to deal with Sony / Nintendo / Microsoft.

I call for a change.

You won't get a new console maker, not the traditional sense.

But micro consoles -- Android TV, Fire TV, Apple TV -- will improve over time, and may eventually put pressure on the console market. Nintendo will be the first victim, unless they have something up their sleeve.

You'll have more gaming-type tablets that can interface with TVs. Like the Nvidia Shield tablet.

You'll have some streaming options. PS Now, when it's streamed on a Bravia TV, is in a way, a console competitor. In the same way Netflix streaming competes with people buying DVDs. It was also rumored that EA was working on a deal with Comcast to stream EA games over Comcast internet directly to their cable boxes.

Gaming is simultaneously becoming ever more accessible and at the same time more divided.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#36kyncaniPosted 8/30/2014 11:56:26 PM
SampsonM posted...
You won't get a new console maker, not the traditional sense.

But micro consoles -- Android TV, Fire TV, Apple TV -- will improve over time, and may eventually put pressure on the console market. Nintendo will be the first victim, unless they have something up their sleeve.

Well, that's ok, Nintendo didn't adapt to the internet so if they have to go then so be it.

I just hope it won't be Apple. They have horrible business practices :'(
#37chedibang1994Posted 8/31/2014 12:36:44 AM
It depends people didn't like brawl as much as Marlee because it's not a competitive, let's hope this one is but then halo can boost up from halo alone, so I would count on zelda to take them out
---
Sony for the gamers!!!! More fun on xbox one!!!! Wii u!!!! The devil is a lie!!!! By Ricky Rosay
#38maizemaizePosted 8/31/2014 8:04:26 AM
X One needs HALO, GEARS OF WAR Now!
Nintendo ate a giant mushroom and has been stumping Microsoft this gen, X One needs to bring out its Chainsaw gun to retaliate.