Faulty disc drive

#1enterthedraygonPosted 8/30/2014 4:47:49 PM
Got an xbox one not even a week ago and already got a message of a faulty disc drive and have to send it in. Wtf! I've only used it once for a redbox movie,get ur crap together m$. Anyone else get this message?
---
Gamertag:ElPaco619
#2elbarto1Posted 8/30/2014 4:51:06 PM
All discs or just movies?

A user posted a pic of MS giving them a free $20 credit for not playing blurays due to a update issue. But it was software related.

If you need to send it in, the advanced replacement service is pretty good.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#3enterthedraygon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 5:03:56 PM
The blu ray disc I tried worked a week ago but haven't done games since ive been all digital. Just got a message today. Just frustrating since it's barely a week old.
---
#4elbarto1Posted 8/30/2014 5:06:11 PM
Are you on the newest firmware?
---
#5elbarto1Posted 8/30/2014 5:07:07 PM
It's also possible the disc was the problem, rentals aren't properly cared for pretty much ever.
---
#6Gunvalkyrie2Posted 8/30/2014 5:09:09 PM
Do you get a message that your disc drive is faulty what sort of Message is it?

My Xbox one has an issue with not responding that there is a disc in the drive it still says insert disk if the drive is bad do you get a direct message that says its bad?
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#7PudgeisafishPosted 8/30/2014 6:29:18 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Do you get a message that your disc drive is faulty what sort of Message is it?

My Xbox one has an issue with not responding that there is a disc in the drive it still says insert disk if the drive is bad do you get a direct message that says its bad?

Draygon got a message via post from the disc drive ;)
#8enterthedraygon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 7:22:13 PM
I noticed on the dashboard a notice that stated it couldn't download the last system update because it identified to have a faulty disc error. Then listed the two ways to swap it one included sending it and waiting up to the weeks or porting a $400 deposit and getting a new one sent to and and I send my old one, which includes a $15 sending fee. I asked the lady what the 20$ included and they said they'd give me a code. I asked if there were other options trying to get a free game or something and she recommended exchanging @ gstop. Which I think I'm going to do since its over a week old. I'm tempted to tri to exchange for a ps 4 after my 2 hour interaction.
---
#9elbarto1Posted 8/30/2014 8:15:12 PM
That sucks.

The $400 is a hold, not a charge.

They shouldn't charge you $15 because mine was over 6 months old when I sent it in and that got waived.

Exchange at GS if you can.

PS4 is better imo.
---