How many of you are still playing the 360 over the One?

#1levyjl1988Posted 8/30/2014 6:41:16 PM
I don't own an Xbox One as I feel like I won't play it often. The Xbox One is still in its infancy and has a tons of quirks before it feels like a truly realized product. I can see many revisions of this console being out. A faster processor, a better hdd in terms of rpm and size. Like with apple products they change up hardware every year. This new gen of systems expect a lengthy 10 year life cycle, but technology evolves rapidly fast. The Oculus Rift is fast approaching and really good hardware is needed for the tech to work. Already we seen the 3DS getting a revision to be much speedoer and certain games are being exclusive to that machine.
I feel that an Xbox One slim is quite imminent. Microsoft really needs to put more of their boxes in peoples homes to drive the install base and hopefully the games will do just that.
For Halo a lot of gamers will throw down a lot of serious cash to get the unit that can play it, much like how I got an Xbox 360 initally for Halo 3. Though with MC Collection attracts only the nostalgic and hardcore.

I'm wuite biased but the Xbox 360 still has better games, more install base and population, more of my friends are gaming on the 360, games are getting really cheap, titles for games are getting cross gen ports, my favourite games are on the 360 like Dark Souls, I'm not as graphic intensive, if I was then I'll be looking at a PC rig.

TL;DR: The 360 right now is an amazing console and it needs title updates.
---
I hate games with bad game design
#2scoobydoobydontPosted 8/30/2014 6:44:56 PM
Me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#3Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/30/2014 6:47:34 PM
I have both and play either or depending on which game I'm playing. However, I will always buy and play the Xbox One version of a game over the Xbox 360 version.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#4Jiggy101011Posted 8/30/2014 6:48:59 PM
I switch back and forth daily because I am working on my backlog and finishing up certain games that are only on the 360. I just finished episode 5 of The Walking Dead Season 2, brilliant game but unfortunately it isn't available on the One.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Gears of War 3, Titanfall, Halo 4
#5AnakeriePosted 8/30/2014 6:50:19 PM
Love my 360. Wouldn't give it up for anything.
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#6BestInTheWorIdPosted 8/30/2014 6:52:51 PM
I'd say atleast 50 million are.
#7SmokeMassTreePosted 8/30/2014 6:53:32 PM
Only to watch hbo go.

Microsoft is too smart to put out a title update for a system people already have when they want them to buy the new one. You should expect the opposite, slowly they will start gimping the 360.

I also don't understand your logic. You say you want a more powerful system, but you are sticking with the 360? The one is much more powerful than the 360. If they were to put out a "slim" version of the console this early they would be admitting defeat.
---
A.K. 2/14/10 T.C.P.
#8levyjl1988(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 6:58:06 PM
SmokeMassTree posted...
Only to watch hbo go.

Microsoft is too smart to put out a title update for a system people already have when they want them to buy the new one. You should expect the opposite, slowly they will start gimping the 360.

I also don't understand your logic. You say you want a more powerful system, but you are sticking with the 360? The one is much more powerful than the 360. If they were to put out a "slim" version of the console this early they would be admitting defeat.

If I were to upgrade it would either be PC or an Xbox One, heck it might even be a PS4. Right now my only new gen I jumped onto is the Wii U. Played a bit of Mario Kart 8 and that was it. It's collecting dust. Waiting for Smash for it.
---
I hate games with bad game design
#9KID VIDPosted 8/30/2014 7:12:13 PM
I play my One a lot more than my 360. I've only connected my 360 a few times since November and that was to play the new episodes of The Walking Dead: Season 2 and to get the new achievements for Ultra Street Fighter 4. That's it.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#10SmokeMassTreePosted 8/30/2014 7:12:19 PM
levyjl1988 posted...
SmokeMassTree posted...
Only to watch hbo go.

If I were to upgrade it would either be PC or an Xbox One, heck it might even be a PS4. Right now my only new gen I jumped onto is the Wii U. Played a bit of Mario Kart 8 and that was it. It's collecting dust. Waiting for Smash for it.

If you have the money/room for the proper set up I would say go for the PC. I really wish a 3rd party (not Microsoft or Sony) would put out a console next gen that is on par with PC. This would force Microsoft and Sony to stop holding back and actually put out a modern console.
---
A.K. 2/14/10 T.C.P.