Attention! All the people that think Titanfall is Titanfail, Titanflop (parkour)

#71CenrykPosted 8/31/2014 2:07:21 PM
Cows Go Hisssss posted...
IHATEMYGT posted...
It hasn't flopped either 2 million sales on Xbox one alobe not counting digital or bundurus.

IHATEMYGT posted...
Vgchartz brah, say what you will but its the most reliable source we have. Also its done a great job of telling us NPD figures before NPD even came out.

Yes, Titanfall is actually the third best selling next gen game in North America on a single console. Not flop.

I think you guys are going about this all wrong. Sales figures don't mean sh!t if, as somebody was saying, a ton of people ended up selling it back anyway. It may not be a flop. It was over-hyped as hell, it sold a sh!t ton. But that doesn't mean it's still selling or people are still playing. The numbers you really should be posting are current active players. I don't know about Xbox, as I only got a 360 for Gears and whatever discount exclusives I can find (more of a Playstation and PC person myself) but the fact that EA is pushing free 48 hour playtime on Origin tells me that either it flopped on PC, or there is literally no one playing it (on PC). It's basically them giving out demos hoping more people will actually buy it.

This weekend marks the second time they've pushed Origin Play Time on it, and I decided to try and download it to try it out. I avoided the game initially because I prefer single player games. The combination of slow internet and too much COD and Battlefield (with slow, laggy internet) turned me off of multiplayer games. I avoided the first Play Time because uncompressed dialogue makes the game 50GB, and with my slow ass internet it literally takes the whole week end to download. Only reason I'm downloading it now is in case they put up the Play Time a 3rd time. Probably won't actually buy it ever though. Oh well, hopefully Respawn's next game has single player. Only reason I pay attention to them is because of their past as Infinity Ward.

btw, only here because I was skimming related boards and saw the stupid infighting. I have nothing really to add to the conversation other than the game sales vs current active players argument. I will say, I expect the active player count to drop once Destiny comes out. And probably Halo, and maybe MGS5. I can't see No Man's Sky being a smash hit, but it is definitely intriguing.
#72googlerPosted 8/31/2014 2:29:25 PM
I don't think it sucks - I think in terms of content its an incomplete game and if they were going to charge anything for DLC, should have put the game out to retail for $30. If this is what they have planned for titanfall 2 then they can go to hell. Definitely not buying it
#73AwayFromHerePosted 8/31/2014 2:43:16 PM
It's a flop because it didn't move systems like it was predicted to.

There were people that expected Titanfall to double XBOne numbers, MS and EA among them.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#74IHATEMYGTPosted 8/31/2014 2:53:35 PM
It hasn't flopped by any means. If 2 million people out of 5 million console owners bought yhe game and thats a flop then whats success? The game is way beyond active. Its still getting updated. It made EA, Respawn and Microsoft money its NOT A FLOP no matter how much "The internet" says so.

Nobody realistically said TF would sell 10 million consoles by itself. Microsoft are makong their own money. Not everything ties into the bull*hit console war like you manchildren claim.
---
Make the internet the place YOU want it to be :)
#75Cows Go Hisssss(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 5:27:00 PM
jellybeanmaster posted...
Titanfall only gave the perception of failure because it was hyped into god hood. It did well, but people were expecting beyond anything call of duty could achieve numbers based on all the buzz that came with the title

I think those are very unrealistic expectations. No wonder people were disappointed in sales. Call of Duty didn't even start selling that much until Modern Warfare 2, which is Call of Duty 6. Modern Warfare 1 and World at War sales were good, but Modern Warfare 2 is where it really exploded. Call of Duty 2 and 3 sales were alright. But CoD was already on 2 and 3. Titanfall is only on the first one so far.

Cenryk posted...
IHATEMYGT posted...
It hasn't flopped either 2 million sales on Xbox one alobe not counting digital or bundurus.

IHATEMYGT posted...
Vgchartz brah, say what you will but its the most reliable source we have. Also its done a great job of telling us NPD figures before NPD even came out.

Yes, Titanfall is actually the third best selling next gen game in North America on a single console. Not flop.

I think you guys are going about this all wrong. Sales figures don't mean sh!t if, as somebody was saying, a ton of people ended up selling it back anyway. It may not be a flop. It was over-hyped as hell, it sold a sh!t ton. But that doesn't mean it's still selling or people are still playing. The numbers you really should be posting are current active players. I don't know about Xbox, as I only got a 360 for Gears and whatever discount exclusives I can find (more of a Playstation and PC person myself) but the fact that EA is pushing free 48 hour playtime on Origin tells me that either it flopped on PC, or there is literally no one playing it (on PC). It's basically them giving out demos hoping more people will actually buy it.

This weekend marks the second time they've pushed Origin Play Time on it, and I decided to try and download it to try it out. I avoided the game initially because I prefer single player games. The combination of slow internet and too much COD and Battlefield (with slow, laggy internet) turned me off of multiplayer games. I avoided the first Play Time because uncompressed dialogue makes the game 50GB, and with my slow ass internet it literally takes the whole week end to download. Only reason I'm downloading it now is in case they put up the Play Time a 3rd time. Probably won't actually buy it ever though. Oh well, hopefully Respawn's next game has single player. Only reason I pay attention to them is because of their past as Infinity Ward.

btw, only here because I was skimming related boards and saw the stupid infighting. I have nothing really to add to the conversation other than the game sales vs current active players argument. I will say, I expect the active player count to drop once Destiny comes out. And probably Halo, and maybe MGS5. I can't see No Man's Sky being a smash hit, but it is definitely intriguing.

Sales mean everything in the gaming industry. It's how they all make money. Games sales are an excellent indicator on how popular the game is. It's only natural for active player counts to drop over time. It happens with every game. However, some people, like me for instance, love to buy games down the line when they're older and more inexpensive. I never pay the full $60 for a game. Ever. And there is probably a ton more people like me. A ton of people are still playing on the Xbox One and 360, but for PC, I have no idea.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#76Cows Go Hisssss(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 5:27:06 PM
googler posted...
I don't think it sucks - I think in terms of content its an incomplete game and if they were going to charge anything for DLC, should have put the game out to retail for $30. If this is what they have planned for titanfall 2 then they can go to hell. Definitely not buying it

Ehh I was fine with it. When people get angry and complain about how Titanfall lacks a single player, then I imagine them getting angry and complaining about how Skyrim doesn't have a competitive online mode. As for the DLC, I feel it is normal price. $10 for 3 maps 3 times. Bethesda games charge $10 for each piece of DLC, CoD and Battlefield charge wayyy more than Titanfall. Even Halo games charged $15 a pop for DLC back then, and that was wayyy back then. Think about inflation.

AwayFromHere posted...
It's a flop because it didn't move systems like it was predicted to.

There were people that expected Titanfall to double XBOne numbers, MS and EA among them.

It actually tripled monthly sales for the month it came out.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#77millimaynePosted 8/31/2014 7:43:47 PM
Yes, one game alone does not a system seller make. Especially since an Xbox 360 version was released that runs perfectly fine.

I would've been more concerned that games like Ryse, Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3 didn't turn the tide like Microsoft wanted.
---
"It's official, you SU-" *bam!* The last words of Shao Khan before getting Liu Kang'd
#78Cows Go Hisssss(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 9:52:19 AM
millimayne posted...
Yes, one game alone does not a system seller make. Especially since an Xbox 360 version was released that runs perfectly fine.

I would've been more concerned that games like Ryse, Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3 didn't turn the tide like Microsoft wanted.

Xbox One does need more system seller games, that's for sure.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#79duericPosted 9/1/2014 12:23:19 PM
holden4ever posted...
I play Attrition and Hardpoint only, don't know the parkour routes and I love Titanfall.

Oddly enough, I think this is more representative of TF's core audience than you'd think.

95% of of the people I play with don't use the free movement system for anything more than getting to high ground.

In the end, it makes the game way too easy for anyone who knows how to take advantage of all the movement options.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#80TheGam3925Posted 9/1/2014 12:30:51 PM
millimayne posted...

Xbox One does need more system seller games, that's for sure.

I agree with this, setting as how Titanfall did nothing to narrow the sales gap at all.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.