IMPRESSIONS; played Sunset Overdrive, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Halo MCC

#21Koelker12Posted 8/31/2014 7:17:27 AM
I was kinda turned off by Sunset from the start.

The style and attitude seem like they are trying too hard. But at the same time, I at least give them credit for trying to make something different. I think they just put too much emphasis on that, and apparently, not enough elsewhere.

I'll reserve final judgement until I try it though.
---
If you can't do what's right, you can always do what's left.
#22daniel79Posted 8/31/2014 7:31:14 AM
So Call of duty is an Unreal clone now. Sunset Overdrive is a wonky Tony Hawks knock off and Halo is, well, Halo..

Correct?
#23TheleehamPosted 8/31/2014 8:50:59 AM
Between this and The Order having terrible gameplay according to ign, it hasn't been a great day for exclusives on either side.
#24axelfooley2k5Posted 8/31/2014 8:54:23 AM
Theleeham posted...
Between this and The Order having terrible gameplay according to ign, it hasn't been a great day for exclusives on either side.

sadly this might be true

sunset overdrive might be fun but it looks like a alternate infamous.....

the order gets preview after preview with people not liking gameplay
graphics are great and looks to be story heavy....so it could turn ok

i still have high hopes for both
---
Rolling Stones, Street Fighting Man, G-Sevennnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud71mm2TxP4
#25Juzten76Posted 8/31/2014 9:12:52 AM
daniel79 posted...
So Call of duty is an Unreal clone now. Sunset Overdrive is a wonky Tony Hawks knock off and Halo is, well, Halo..

Correct?

You can do this with almost every game. All games have mechanics from other games. That doesn't make them clones.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#26squonPosted 8/31/2014 9:13:49 AM
I think sunset override is a bargain bin game. Bet it drops fast
#27SPACEHAWKS(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 9:32:03 AM
Laylow12 posted...
TC, are they letting you play single player at all? Has anyone heard anything single player related?

The Sunset Overdrive Demo I played was single player, I have not yet tried co-op.

dnmt posted...
SPACEHAWKS posted...
squon posted...
Does SSO get boring fast?

Based on the demo I played, yes unfortunately.

Can't say I'm surprised. My biggest gripe from watching the gameplay vids is that for a game that's supposedly all about speed it seemed really, really slow. Did you feel the same?

I do feel the same. There is a high emphasis on speed/grinding on objects for points and to progress through the world, yet the control scheme does not allow you to do this easily leading to a slow tedious experience.
#28QuBixPosted 8/31/2014 4:16:36 PM
Having played all three and way more at Toronto FanExpo 2014 yesterday, I can agree to Sunset Overdrive being boring after about 5 minutes of gameplay.

I gotta disagree on CODAW though, I'm a HUGE COD fan and I didn't feel anything with AW at all. It wasn't CoD, it felt off and the controls were even worse than that of Sunset Overdrive. The jump and boost felt way off, you press jump and than a different click for the boost along with the direction you want to go, it just didn't feel right. The graphics did look great though. But overall I was hugely disappointed with CODAW.

Halo MCC was just amazing btw, loved the TDM on Sanctuary. The game felt spot on like Halo 2 even with the new facelift the new map got. It was just perfect and my highlight of the show. Evolve was also great along with Forza Horizon 2, Driveclub (surprise) etc. Farycry 4, Sunset Overdrive and The Crew were my biggest let downs for sure.
---
XBLive Tag: QuBics
PSN Tag: QuBix
#29elbarto1Posted 8/31/2014 4:23:44 PM
Damn, sounds like SO is gonna flop.
keep hearing the same negative comments.
If I wasn't getting it for $38 new I'd rethink my preorder.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#30SPACEHAWKS(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 5:19:09 PM
QuBix posted...

I gotta disagree on CODAW though, I'm a HUGE COD fan and I didn't feel anything with AW at all. It wasn't CoD, it felt off and the controls were even worse than that of Sunset Overdrive. The jump and boost felt way off, you press jump and than a different click for the boost along with the direction you want to go, it just didn't feel right. The graphics did look great though. But overall I was hugely disappointed

To do the super jump you needed to press jump, then quickly press the same jump button again at the top of your jump for massive height. If you then click the stick right after the second button press you will then dash forward giving you strategic opportunities. Anyways, funny enough your reasons for not liking it are the main reasons I liked it. I am tired of the COD formula, and this game feels new/different.