I bought into the hype

#1WOT BSPosted 8/31/2014 5:42:32 AM
By hype i mean the sensationalism and backlash involving game critics and Watch_Dogs. Its actually an amazing game. This is the only other open world game ive liked enough to explore area after area in for all the side stuff other than just cause 2. Your guy Pierce or Pearce does come off as a douche at first, and he's a walking contradiction, but if he wasn't it wouldn't be fun. I love the satire / social commentary / slapstick jokes in GTAV, but this game has it's own kind of laughs, but theyre as dry as can be.

"alright. i'll do it, but you've got to include me in your manifesto"
"i don't have a manifesto"
"you will"

This had me in stitches. I'm not going to write a review, but this game does all the important stuff so well. The AI isn't psychic and running from the cops seems right, they dont have boats so escaping to lake superior or the rivers is easy mode if you dont feel like hassling with them, its kind of irrelevant though since barely any missions involve running from the cops.

I've never heard anyone mention how great the free running is. There are a bunch of super fluid vaulting animations and transitions from parkouring to melee takedowns. Theres a really cool pedestrian avoiding mechanic too, Its kind of hard to describe, but if you've ever been late to something downtown you probably know what i mean bobbing and weaving between people.

Another thing is: Actual pit maneuvers. There is no shooting your glock and chucking nades while driving, you actually need to wreck the guy youre after, which is really cool online. Especially since the cars have a balance, if you tbone someone in a fiberglass sports car with a truck or old beater of a car with a heavy iron frame theyre done. Fastest doesn't always mean best.

I could go on about the seamless MP, CTos tower climbing, the feel of the weapons, etc. etc.but i'll just finish with this: If you thought Watch_Dogs looked cool the first time you heard about it, but changed your mind after the reviews came out check it out. It's really good and my goty so far.
---
PSN: SociopathPhD
GT: Extract Hz
#2dnmtPosted 8/31/2014 5:44:11 AM
I'll hand it to Ubisoft, this is the first open world game where you can swim but the police can't. Very innovative.
#3puffnbillys420Posted 8/31/2014 5:45:04 AM
Boring game all round I scored it two thumbs down
---
If you aint first you're last
#4mjc0961Posted 8/31/2014 6:48:43 AM
dnmt posted...
I'll hand it to Ubisoft, this is the first open world game where you can swim but the police can't. Very innovative.

Also, Aiden is the only one ever who will ride a motorcycle.

Anyway I thought it was a decent game, but there's a lot of room for improvement in the sequel too. Hopefully they deliver.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#5Jiggy101011Posted 8/31/2014 6:50:23 AM
Gameplay, world, and the side activities are done really well. The story, is poorly written and was all over the place.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Gears of War 3, Titanfall, Halo 4
#6DarthUchiha91Posted 8/31/2014 7:07:59 AM
dnmt posted...

San Andreas?
---
Nobody likes you, you're ugly and your mother dresses you funny. Now smile, you $%^&ing douche.
#7ComradeRyanPosted 8/31/2014 7:50:51 AM
I am definitely going to purchase Watch Dogs when the price drops down to $20.00 USD.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#8jimmyCCFCPosted 8/31/2014 7:53:35 AM
I have to say it wasn't that great. Also why is it such a rip off of 'Person of interest'? Even down to the sounds?
#9dnmtPosted 8/31/2014 7:59:48 AM
DarthUchiha91 posted...
dnmt posted...

San Andreas?

Pretty sure there were police boats in SA.
#10Syn_VengeancePosted 8/31/2014 9:01:04 AM
dnmt posted...
DarthUchiha91 posted...
dnmt posted...

San Andreas?

Pretty sure there were police boats in SA.

Being in a boat is not swimming.
---
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted..