I think I need Shadow of Mordor in my life now!

#1MrImpatient35Posted 8/31/2014 4:45:08 AM
After seeing this video, and reading the preview about the Nemesis system recently, I think I'm sold now http://www.gamespot.com/videos/101-ways-to-kill-an-orc-shadow-of-mordor-at-pax/2300-6421064/

The nemesis system was the seller for me. It's hard to explain, but I can basically build an army of orcs to fight for me.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#2AarksharkPosted 8/31/2014 5:02:57 AM
I said it back when the game was announced, and I'll say it again.

Don't believe the hype.

The nemesis system sounds great.
Which means that it will probably be ****, if recent trends are anything to go by.

Wait for gamers to get their hands on the game, ignore the professional reviews. Watch finalized gameplay footage, and make the call for yourself.
---
Gamertag/Steam: Navllyk ... PSN: Krataka
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#3Jedi454Posted 8/31/2014 5:10:30 AM
Preorder exclusive dlc, season pass already announced and PS4 exclusive content? No thanks, I'll wait for a $20 price tag or GOTY edition.
#4da_StoOgePosted 8/31/2014 5:16:28 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Preorder exclusive dlc, season pass already announced and PS4 exclusive content? No thanks, I'll wait for a $20 price tag or GOTY edition.

Yeah, these things turn me off pretty much any game.
---
"It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man who is waiting to die."
#5Jedi454Posted 8/31/2014 5:35:15 AM
da_StoOge posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Agreed, i'm buying stuff day one that i'm interested in, but doesn't have these kinds of practices attached to it. For example, The Witcher 3.
#6ComradeRyanPosted 8/31/2014 6:44:18 AM
The Nemesis System seems like an interesting concept. I am looking forward to playing Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#7RussianBaconPosted 8/31/2014 8:50:49 AM
ComradeRyan posted...
The Nemesis System seems like an interesting concept. I am looking forward to playing Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor.

When it drops down to $20 right?
---
I have snausages
#8ACx7Posted 8/31/2014 8:52:11 AM
da_StoOge posted...
Jedi454 posted...

You must not buy many games these days...
---
Wii-U: ACxSeven 3DS: 5455-9878-3366
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: ACx7
#9boolzeroPosted 8/31/2014 9:12:38 AM
Pretty much went the same way for me TC! I had zero interest in the game until I saw the gameplay footage, then it became a day one purchase. Unlike others here though, I am not bothered by preorder DLC as I used to be... It only matters if you care and if it actually brings meaningful content to the game, which in most cases it's does not. I'll be buying it digital and will somehow manage to find a way to enjoy myself without the inclusion of the rather meaningless preorder DLC!
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#10liquidblue4Posted 8/31/2014 9:13:15 AM
Aarkshark posted...
I said it back when the game was announced, and I'll say it again.

Don't believe the hype.

The nemesis system sounds great.
Which means that it will probably be ****, if recent trends are anything to go by.

Wait for gamers to get their hands on the game, ignore the professional reviews. Watch finalized gameplay footage, and make the call for yourself.

The 50 minute gameplay demo was enough to convince me that I had better things to buy this fall.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.