Since the X1 is designed to watch TV why didn't MS do this?

#1DepreceV2Posted 8/31/2014 5:43:58 AM
Really consoles probably would have flew off the shelves too if they did this. Instead of relying on the cable company's and such.... Why didn't they just give you the ability to Live Stream all the major channels? This could be option and they can charge you an extra $100/year or something. People hate their cable bills and $100 per year is nothing in comparison. Sure you will be limited to 100 per TV/Xbox but I can't imagine them not moving consoles heavily with that. The cable savings alone could easily pay for the X1, Live and the Live Stream fee.. If you haven't canceled your cable already. Just a thought.
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#2RockguyKevPosted 8/31/2014 5:48:03 AM
Ya, why didn't Microsoft just pirate TV signals and put them on their machine?
#3DepreceV2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 5:49:53 AM
RockguyKev posted...

It's not Pirating if you get permission bro.
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#4werkz_destroyzPosted 8/31/2014 5:52:45 AM
DepreceV2 posted...
RockguyKev posted...

100 a year???lmao what are you on kid
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#5Jedi454Posted 8/31/2014 5:53:54 AM
Here's an idea, you know how there are DVD players built into some TVs, how about they build an xbox one into a 48 inch LCD.
#6DepreceV2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 5:54:44 AM
werkz_destroyz posted...
DepreceV2 posted...
RockguyKev posted...

100 a year???lmao what are you on kid

Yea. Super cheap. I'm aware of that.
---
#7rincewind1990Posted 8/31/2014 5:56:08 AM
Why would cable companies give permission? Unless MS writes them a huge cheque they'd only be getting a portion of the $100 per person rather than their normal fee.
#8DepreceV2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 5:58:00 AM
rincewind1990 posted...
Why would cable companies give permission? Unless MS writes them a huge cheque they'd only be getting a portion of the $100 per person rather than their normal fee.

Why would you need permission from the cable companies when you can go right to the source? Such as ESPN, ABC, NBC, TNT, etc
---
#9staticxtreme5Posted 8/31/2014 6:01:36 AM
I do actually wish MS had its own TV service for the XB1. I would consider using it, if it was competitively priced.
#10AbstraktProfSC2Posted 8/31/2014 6:04:00 AM
lets just make everything free!!!! then it would fly off the shelves
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/Abstrakt1/fullnxe/card.png http://i.imgur.com/IpQzE.png