August GwG

#1Koelker12Posted 8/31/2014 8:08:02 AM
I just finished Crimson Dragon this morning. Pretty bad game, but for whatever reason I played it till the end. I guess just since it was short and and I like to finish the games I start.

I've seen a ton of hate of Stryke Suit Zero on other GwG topics though, but no explanation as to why. I haven't had the chance to boot it up yet, but I saw a couple videos and the game looks like Rogue Squadron...which is awesome.

Why so much hate for it? Should I bother starting it, or just wait for Super Time Force tommorow.
---
If you can't do what's right, you can always do what's left.
#2lunaticcorePosted 8/31/2014 8:09:44 AM
I think if you boot it up and play it for a min you will understand why people weren't super thrilled with it.

Super Time Force is legit though.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#3boolzeroPosted 8/31/2014 8:17:17 AM
It's to a horrid game, it just takes a while to get to where you can actually see all of your capabilities and even then it doesn't seem to change gameplay up much. The whole mech thing seems under-realized in the game and doesn't add anything substantial to the gameplay other than the initial cool factor. Also, the stages can be really and make you play whole long sections all over again if your die. Otherwise it's an okay game but lacks that certain special something that other better space shooters like Rogue Squadron, Wing Commander, Colony Wars and Descent: Freespace has that make then stand out over this game.

Like the other poster above said though, Super Time Force is a very awesome game and you should consider it a grace of good fortune to get that free. Such a fantastic game that I would have honestly paid more than the asking price for!
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#4CyberEvilPosted 8/31/2014 8:21:19 AM
Rogue Squadron was fantastic. Strike Suit Zero is a completely different kind of game though. And I personally don't like it either.
---
Live: CyberEvil
PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
#5Koelker12(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 9:00:47 AM
...well I guess I'll take a peek myself. Thanks for the input
---
If you can't do what's right, you can always do what's left.