Were you disappointed to hear that dead island 2 doesn't have a story?

#11spacejamjordanzPosted 8/31/2014 8:03:39 AM
Not really. If it's fun then I'll take stab at it. Not having a story didn't stop Titanfall from selling.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#12SqawksPosted 8/31/2014 8:06:09 AM
I'll get the game anyway, but even though Dead Island's story is nothing spectacular, it would still be nice to have one as an option.
---
The official Howard the Duck of the MvC3 board!
#13bubbub01(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 8:09:23 AM
See I don't mind titanfall because it has a deep enough gameplay to back it up. This game is primarily just hack and slash. I feel like it will stale pretty fast.
---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: iTryxBancroft
PSN Gamer tag: Bancroftx
#14boolzeroPosted 8/31/2014 8:17:36 AM
bubbub01 posted...
See I don't mind titanfall because it has a deep enough gameplay to back it up. This game is primarily just hack and slash. I feel like it will stale pretty fast.

I disagree and think you are simplifying it to give false credit to your argument. The crafting, resource management and base defense building are important factors and if they improve and expand on those elements, this will definitely have the legs it needs to stand on its own without a forced narrative. I can see recruiting NPC's to fill certain jobs, base building, food gathering and such becoming much more pronounced. My example of Project Zomboid and DayZ stands here I think...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#15bubbub01(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 8:26:45 AM
boolzero posted...
bubbub01 posted...

I disagree and think you are simplifying it to give false credit to your argument. The crafting, resource management and base defense building are important factors and if they improve and expand on those elements, this will definitely have the legs it needs to stand on its own without a forced narrative. I can see recruiting NPC's to fill certain jobs, base building, food gathering and such becoming much more pronounced. My example of Project Zomboid and DayZ stands here I think...

forgot about the base building. Is that confirmed for this one?
---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: iTryxBancroft
PSN Gamer tag: Bancroftx
#16sadiq2010Posted 8/31/2014 8:41:54 AM
techland should go back and make dead island again.
#17ComradeRyanPosted 8/31/2014 1:06:06 PM
Yes. I will be purchasing Dying Light.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#18MrImpatient35Posted 8/31/2014 1:25:13 PM
They'll have no story? I hope "gamers" get as pissed off about that as they did with Titanfall BARELY having a story/campaign.

But anyway, they have no excuse to not have amazing visuals and gameplay now.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#19kidwgmPosted 8/31/2014 1:52:57 PM
Sxmfct posted...
I don't play games for the story and I never have

I don't have a clue what's going on in most games but if the gameplay's good I don't care

Pretty much this. Still getting Dead Island.
---
Currently Playing: Lego Marvel Super Heros, FTL iOS and Peggle 2.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)