Just picked up an XBone last night!

#11ElPedoSucioPosted 8/31/2014 1:17:22 PM
Viper187666 posted...
ACx7 posted...
Viper187666 posted...
I picked one up earlier this week, but I'm not buying any games until Halo MCC. I only bought it now because I wanted the completely unbundled console (no kinect, no games), and I fear it might be harder to find with all these damn bundles being released. Major retailers don't stock the unbundled 250GB Xbox360 at all any more, even the new model from last fall.

So... Why wouldn't you want a free game?

Because I don't care about any of the ones they're bundling? Or the fact they're only giving garbage digital codes instead of discs? I prefer to have the original regular box on display. I keep it on top of the cabinet with my Legendary Edition of Halo Reach. For that matter, they're all completely worthless to me. I hate white and NFL, and I'm getting an external HDD so the bigger one with the COD bundle is a waste.

I don't remember the last time I went to someone's house and where they proudly had their CD collection on full display.

Strange realization that just occurred to me.
#12Monkeymage(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 9:22:00 PM
ElPedoSucio posted...
Viper187666 posted...
ACx7 posted...
Viper187666 posted...
I picked one up earlier this week, but I'm not buying any games until Halo MCC. I only bought it now because I wanted the completely unbundled console (no kinect, no games), and I fear it might be harder to find with all these damn bundles being released. Major retailers don't stock the unbundled 250GB Xbox360 at all any more, even the new model from last fall.

So... Why wouldn't you want a free game?

Because I don't care about any of the ones they're bundling? Or the fact they're only giving garbage digital codes instead of discs? I prefer to have the original regular box on display. I keep it on top of the cabinet with my Legendary Edition of Halo Reach. For that matter, they're all completely worthless to me. I hate white and NFL, and I'm getting an external HDD so the bigger one with the COD bundle is a waste.

I don't remember the last time I went to someone's house and where they proudly had their CD collection on full display.

Strange realization that just occurred to me.

I'm probably quite a bit older than this board's average age, and I have a collection of probably over 1000 CDs on display. When it comes to movies, music, and games, I always like to have physical copies.

I don't mind buying digital games (comes with the territory with being a PC gamer primarily) but I HATE buying digital music. I won't do it unless the disc would cost over $30.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#13SampsonMPosted 8/31/2014 9:39:27 PM
I'm probably quite a bit older than this board's average age, and I have a collection of probably over 1000 CDs on display. When it comes to movies, music, and games, I always like to have physical copies.

I don't mind buying digital games (comes with the territory with being a PC gamer primarily) but I HATE buying digital music. I won't do it unless the disc would cost over $30.

Having digital copies is just so much more convenient*, and having a bunch of media "on display" is just tacky/trashy looking.

*I have a few CDs and Blurays I bought for higher quality. My absolute favorite stuff. But I'll get rid of them as soon as I can download lostless digital music, or uncompressed 1080p movies.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#14Jedi454Posted 8/31/2014 9:42:54 PM
BrusselsAffair posted...
ComradeRyan posted...
I recommend purchasing Battlefield 4 & Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition.

Why do you constantly talk like a robot?

I always wondered that.
#15Monkeymage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 9:32:05 PM
Update:

Day 2 was much smoother. Forza 5 installed without a hitch, finally renewed my Gold membership (which I think let expire about 2 years ago) for $40, and spent a lot of the day with Forza and Max: Curse of the Brotherhood.

/blogfaqs
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#16ShELbY_GT500Posted 9/1/2014 10:06:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#17LEGEND_725Posted 9/1/2014 10:06:25 PM
Jedi454 posted...
BrusselsAffair posted...
ComradeRyan posted...
I recommend purchasing Battlefield 4 & Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition.

Why do you constantly talk like a robot?

I always wondered that.

I will purchase this game when it is: 20 U.S.D
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#18thedude008Posted 9/2/2014 2:03:39 PM
Viper187666 posted...
I'm not downloading a 15GB title update no matter how goddamn good Dead Rising 3 is.

ouch!
is this a common thing?
yet to make the jump, but i balk at downloading GWG's on my 360 over 5 gig's.. if updates are 15 gig, i'm definitely out this gen.
#19Draconian-WhitePosted 9/2/2014 2:46:11 PM
Monkeymage posted...
On the plus side, Dead Rising 3 is a lot of fun! I also picked up Ryse (I know, I know...), Forza 5, and I downloaded Max: Curse of the Brotherhood. Super Time Force is probably up next.

Ryse: Son of Rome is a fun game and quite the amazing spectacle on the eyes. No need to add a special note of, "I know, I know..." I had a great time with the game, as did many others.

Congratulations on the new console, hope you enjoy it.
---
[XBL GT: AmbientGreen] [Steam: AmbientGreen]
[PSN: Vaporware]
#20Viper187666Posted 9/2/2014 3:55:55 PM
thedude008 posted...
Viper187666 posted...
I'm not downloading a 15GB title update no matter how goddamn good Dead Rising 3 is.

ouch!
is this a common thing?
yet to make the jump, but i balk at downloading GWG's on my 360 over 5 gig's.. if updates are 15 gig, i'm definitely out this gen.

Yeah, it's common. Sniper Elite 3's release day update was 10GB. Ryse had huge updates as well.
---
Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG