Can I play Dead Rising 3 on XB1 w/o Kinect?

#1TyrantLowKeyPosted 8/31/2014 12:26:30 PM
So I heard some games were not compatible with an xbox1 Kinect less version. Is Dead Rising 3 one such game? I really want to buy the game but I am afraid I won't be able to play it on my Kinectless XB1 and will be hassle to return. Thanks!!
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Heart Series, SMT: Noctrn, BD (3DS), ToS, ToGF, TotA, ToX, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#2VoidBeyondPosted 8/31/2014 12:29:26 PM
Yes, you can play Dead Rising 3 without Kinect.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#3WarsuhPosted 8/31/2014 12:29:42 PM
I'm pretty sure almost every single game can be played without Kinect. Only the Kinect games have to be played with Kinect.
#4zombodyPosted 8/31/2014 12:29:45 PM
Yea you can play it totally fine. I recently got an xbox and this is the first game I bought. There's a demo up too if you want to get a feel for it.

There are some bonus features we are missing I think (like shouting at kinect to get zombies attention) but nothing really worth caring about
---
Timesplitters!
#5ZekolotPosted 8/31/2014 12:29:59 PM
Yes, there are only a few voice command things that you won't be able to do.
---
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind
Check out my GoW Team's Page! http://www.youtube.com/user/PKMNgearsofwar
#6liquidblue4Posted 8/31/2014 12:30:05 PM
Whoever told you that lied. Kinect isn't required for ANY game unless it specifically says Kinect only (like Fighter Within and Kinect Sports). Some games have features that you can use Kinect for, but it won't really change your experience either way.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#7casper316Posted 8/31/2014 12:33:32 PM
zombody posted...
Yea you can play it totally fine. I recently got an xbox and this is the first game I bought. There's a demo up too if you want to get a feel for it.

There are some bonus features we are missing I think (like shouting at kinect to get zombies attention) but nothing really worth caring about

it's not just the shouting the kinect's mic picks up any noise in the room and it actually attracts zombies too you lol so if you have a noisy room it'll make the game kinda harder. however using it with smartglass that's the way to go, because

the guy that calls you in the game uses your smartglass device as the cell phone
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#8TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2014 12:11:30 AM
I should have bought it. Saw it for 35ish. Now it's at 45. Considering I am not sure when I am getting my XB1 (could be next week or weeks from now). I might just hold off on it for now BUT atleast I know I can play it on an xb1 w/o Kinect so it's great news for me. Game looks pretty awesome. I must concede XB1 looks pretty uninviting in terms of exclusives that I like but Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising 3 are two games I wanted to play quite a bit so it's worth getting the system now esp. all 5 Halo games being on it sooner than later. Plus that September update will kick some serious ass.
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Heart Series, SMT: Noctrn, BD (3DS), ToS, ToGF, TotA, ToX, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#9bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 9/5/2014 1:10:18 AM
TyrantLowKey posted...
I should have bought it. Saw it for 35ish. Now it's at 45. Considering I am not sure when I am getting my XB1 (could be next week or weeks from now). I might just hold off on it for now BUT atleast I know I can play it on an xb1 w/o Kinect so it's great news for me. Game looks pretty awesome. I must concede XB1 looks pretty uninviting in terms of exclusives that I like but Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising 3 are two games I wanted to play quite a bit so it's worth getting the system now esp. all 5 Halo games being on it sooner than later. Plus that September update will kick some serious ass.

You should get it soon

http://mjr.mn/1pPCtkx
---
Get back in your rocket, and f*** off back to Legoland you c****!