Myth or Fact: Xbox has more skilled COD community.

#41zephirrainesPosted 8/31/2014 6:19:48 PM
JohnWall32 posted...
puffnbillys420 posted...
We'll since half the ps4 owners were 360 owners...

I mentioned this earlier. With ps4 stealing a bulk of the 360's userbase and games like cod and bf4 having much larger online communities on ps4...is the ps4 turning into the console of choice for shooter fans...it appears so.

Bulk of ps4 owners are from 360 ? Show the link because Sony themselves said that 30% came from the 360 and Wii without breaking down that figure and then later said they are targeting the wii casual audience.

So less than 30% is from the 360 and probably less than 10% since most are from the wii meaning thats maybe 1 million from the 360 user base of 80 million.
#42RedJacket200Posted 8/31/2014 6:29:36 PM
Skill and cod in the same sentence. ....lol. That game takes no skill. Point and shoot you dude bro shooter types crack me up.
---
PSN: Redjacket200
#43Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/31/2014 6:30:41 PM
My younger brother plays alot of CoD on Xbox. He told me a story about how some of his friends have PS3's or PS4's and play CoD, and have a much higher KDR than him. Then my younger brother played against his friends and wrecked them.

With that being said, I feel that Xbox players simply have more experience at online shooters than Playstation players. All that Halo, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead, and Titanfall keeps the Xbox players skills into practice.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#44SigarmzPosted 8/31/2014 6:59:07 PM
COD would need skill to play in the first place.
#45AttackOnTitanPosted 8/31/2014 7:06:16 PM
Sigarmz posted...

Seriously this, Its a twitch shooter, that's why soo many casuals flock to it. On topic though I wouldn't be surprised if Xbox players are more experienced considering DLC always come first to Xbox and MLG players are on Xbox as well
#46Spider5800Posted 8/31/2014 7:49:09 PM(edited)
True on 360 and PS3, but not for the reasons most people think.

Call of Duty games, on average, sold anywhere between 2 to 4 million more copies per game on 360 than they did on PS3. There was just a way larger group of players, so it was easier to get matches, lots more full lobbies, etc. So 360 players, on average, were playing more games, and getting a lot better than PS3 players as a result.

Add on some other stuff, like the 360 controller being better designed for shooters and better stability on Live than PSN for most of the gen, and you've got an environment for the players, even of equal skill levels, to get better on 360 than PS3.

I expect the disparity to get way smaller this gen, especially with so many former 360 players switching over to PS4. More players = more matches = better players.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#47Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/31/2014 7:56:09 PM
AttackOnTitan posted...
Sigarmz posted...

Seriously this, Its a twitch shooter, that's why soo many casuals flock to it. On topic though I wouldn't be surprised if Xbox players are more experienced considering DLC always come first to Xbox and MLG players are on Xbox as well

Honestly, CoD does take at least some degree of skill. Whenever I play after not playing for a long time, I get absolutely wrecked.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#48werkz_destroyzPosted 8/31/2014 8:51:49 PM
Alot of ppl at work have ps4"s and party up for cod...

I borrowed my cousins ps4 to play with them and see if they were good...

They got wrecked..its like I was playing against bots on regular settings...

Someone like markofj would wreck these players to the point where they start accusing him of cheating...
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#49jakethenoobPosted 8/31/2014 9:13:17 PM
Sigarmz posted...

---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#50pwnater777Posted 8/31/2014 9:14:42 PM
Xbox has a larger community for sure, but skill is very hard to discuss for a game with aim assist and death streaks.
---
Kojima and Del Toro working on a new Silent Hill starring Norman Reedus... this means the world to me.
Currently playing: Crusader Kings 2, Chrono Trigger DS