Most sold game this year on ALL platforms?

#1TOhasNoRingPosted 8/31/2014 1:56:30 PM
Which game will sell the most copies on every platform combined? - Results (108 votes)
Destiny
38.89% (42 votes)
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
32.41% (35 votes)
Grand Theft Auto 5
28.7% (31 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Tough to tell....
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#2Sith JediPosted 8/31/2014 2:02:15 PM
CoD, definitely. GTA would win if it hadn't already been released.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#3TOhasNoRing(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 2:16:13 PM
http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

It's VGchartz so take it with a grain of salt, but Destiny will probably have well over 2 million pre orders by the time it's released. Wonder if COD will have around the same.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#4boolzeroPosted 8/31/2014 3:03:26 PM
As much as I would like to say Destiny, I am almost sure that it will not maintain a high sale rate after the initial launch. The coop will drive it but without an onslaught of content and the rather poor reception to the online PVP will mean that the game won't have legs, and a higher then average amount of gamers who tend to play games solely for the multiplayer will taking that into consideration when considering purchasing it.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare would be my best bet. The changes look interesting and the mixed fan base and their split on how they felt about Ghosts may have soured some but I think most are looking for to be excited about the franchise again.
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#5Spetsnaz420Posted 8/31/2014 3:04:44 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...

It's VGchartz so take it with a grain of salt, but Destiny will probably have well over 2 million pre orders by the time it's released. Wonder if COD will have around the same.

CoD on more platforms and is a more popular franchise. I don't like it but as soon as you included it, CoD was the winner :(
---
If opinions were a commodity, people wouldn't waste them on stupid crap.
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
#6astutecolliePosted 8/31/2014 3:05:35 PM
Destiny is a new ip that isnt even remotely close to as popular as halo. Not debatable at all. Gta5 is a last gen game that 30 million people already played.

Therefore the halo collection will sell a hell of a lot, move systems and be the top selling game. The value is insane. $60 for 4 good games... with all of the mp included?? Take my money.
#7TOhasNoRing(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 3:08:36 PM
astutecollie posted...
Destiny is a new ip that isnt even remotely close to as popular as halo. Not debatable at all. Gta5 is a last gen game that 30 million people already played.

Therefore the halo collection will sell a hell of a lot, move systems and be the top selling game. The value is insane. $60 for 4 good games... with all of the mp included?? Take my money.

You don't understand the question I see. While I agree, and also think that the Masterchief Collection will be the most sold game this year on the xbox one, I'm asking which game will be the most sold game this year on ALL platforms..
---
#8JohnWall32Posted 8/31/2014 3:10:01 PM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...

CoD on more platforms and is a more popular franchise. I don't like it but as soon as you included it, CoD was the winner :(

More platforms , no...sell more, yes. Casuals do not preorder but they will buy cod over destiny.
---
Board User Level: Legend
#9Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 8/31/2014 3:13:44 PM
astutecollie posted...

hey do you think you can put in a good word for me to get me a job as an online spokesperson too?
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#10astutecolliePosted 8/31/2014 3:41:49 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...
astutecollie posted...

You don't understand the question I see. While I agree, and also think that the Masterchief Collection will be the most sold game this year on the xbox one, I'm asking which game will be the most sold game this year on ALL platforms..

Well in that case, obviously cod will have stupid sales. Aside from gta it seems like its the biggest franchise in console gaming.