Im torn do I get games for the better system or the better controller

#1DeMann4478Posted 8/31/2014 2:13:44 PM
This is not a troll topic. I have all three current gen systems. My ps4 just broke after four months of having it. I just sent it out and I don't think it will be fixed in time for destiny. My issue is I think the ps4 controller is the worst out of the three. Im counting the pro controller and not the game pad. I found playing destiny with the ps4 controller frustrating because my right thumb would keep slipping when I would sprint. I don't like the rubber on the ps4 thumb stick. I do think the ps4 controller has better resistance in the analog sticks but that about it. I don't know what to do cause every game is better on the ps4. I hate the fact that I have to spend 60 bucks on a game that does not look or play as good as the ps4. They say destiny is now 1080 p for the xbox one but I bet you they cut a lot of corners and it will now run with less frames or textures. The other side is I don't trust the ps4 hardware now. I don't know what I should do wait for my ps4 or just go with the xbox one for multiplat shooters or anything you play online cause I don't want to pay for two subscriptions. So what would you guys do?
#2TOhasNoRingPosted 8/31/2014 2:16:54 PM
What makes the PS4 the better system? Maybe having a few extra dots on certain games...?
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#3WarsuhPosted 8/31/2014 2:17:21 PM
Better controller imo.
#4kennyynnooPosted 8/31/2014 2:17:32 PM
It isn't that amazing looking to matter which console you buy it on. Your money otherwise.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#5vigorm0rtisPosted 8/31/2014 2:20:43 PM
If you don't like the grip on the PS4 controllers, get analog thumb grip covers.

http://www.amazon.com/Grip-iT-Analog-Stick-Covers-PlayStation-4/dp/B003NSLGW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409523497&sr=8-1&keywords=analog+thumb+grips+ps4

That said, in the current gen MS's controller isn't nearly as superior as it was last gen.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#6DeMann4478(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 2:24:29 PM
Well none of the games have looked amazing yet. Honestly infamous has looked the best so far. Then Mario 3d world and Mario kart 8. I like games to be fluid in motion something titanfall isn't. I have played and enjoyed titanfall the most this gen Besides Mario 3d world but boy is it sloppy. Lets face it the xbox one is weaker then the ps4. I want xbox to be number one but its never gonna happen. I sit four feet from a 48 inch 1080 p tv.
#7IceHuskyPosted 8/31/2014 2:45:40 PM
Well you can get the console with better games AND the better controller: the Xbox One.

....unless you like indie games and HD remasters, which the PS4 is in no short supply of. :D
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 8/31/2014 2:54:00 PM
DeMann4478 posted...
I sit four feet from a 48 inch 1080 p tv.

Sitting that close to a TV that size is ruining your viewing experience. Back it up.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#9quincy2000aPosted 8/31/2014 2:54:39 PM
DeMann4478 posted...
I sit four feet from a 48 inch 1080 p tv.

And I sit about 5-6 feet away from my 60". I'm not going to let anyone dictate what distance I sit in front of my TV as some people here do, I'm going to sit where I feel best.

I purchased all three consoles.

I'm getting more familiar with the PS4 controller as time goes on but I wish I could only use one controller style with all three. But that's not going to happen. On my Wii U, I even purchased a 360 styled controller.

My personal preference is graphics over controller because I don't hate the PS4 controller, I just find it a bit more challenging.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#10archibald3Posted 8/31/2014 2:55:10 PM
DeMann4478 posted...
Well none of the games have looked amazing yet. Honestly infamous has looked the best so far. Then Mario 3d world and Mario kart 8. I like games to be fluid in motion something titanfall isn't. I have played and enjoyed titanfall the most this gen Besides Mario 3d world but boy is it sloppy. Lets face it the xbox one is weaker then the ps4. I want xbox to be number one but its never gonna happen. I sit four feet from a 48 inch 1080 p tv.

I think you`re buying into the hype and the mass internet fanboy war. The difference between the games is negligible. It`s why you will be suspected of being a troll. There`s alot more to a system than just whether the reflection in the mud on one game is crisper than the other. I much prefer the Xbox One to the ps4 myself. I prefer the controller , the online experience , the [console] exclusives, the gui and interface , just about everything about it. Just play games.