Im torn do I get games for the better system or the better controller

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Im torn do I get games for the better system or the better controller
9 months ago#1
This is not a troll topic. I have all three current gen systems. My ps4 just broke after four months of having it. I just sent it out and I don't think it will be fixed in time for destiny. My issue is I think the ps4 controller is the worst out of the three. Im counting the pro controller and not the game pad. I found playing destiny with the ps4 controller frustrating because my right thumb would keep slipping when I would sprint. I don't like the rubber on the ps4 thumb stick. I do think the ps4 controller has better resistance in the analog sticks but that about it. I don't know what to do cause every game is better on the ps4. I hate the fact that I have to spend 60 bucks on a game that does not look or play as good as the ps4. They say destiny is now 1080 p for the xbox one but I bet you they cut a lot of corners and it will now run with less frames or textures. The other side is I don't trust the ps4 hardware now. I don't know what I should do wait for my ps4 or just go with the xbox one for multiplat shooters or anything you play online cause I don't want to pay for two subscriptions. So what would you guys do?
9 months ago#2
What makes the PS4 the better system? Maybe having a few extra dots on certain games...?
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
9 months ago#3
Better controller imo.
9 months ago#4
It isn't that amazing looking to matter which console you buy it on. Your money otherwise.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
9 months ago#5
If you don't like the grip on the PS4 controllers, get analog thumb grip covers.

http://www.amazon.com/Grip-iT-Analog-Stick-Covers-PlayStation-4/dp/B003NSLGW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409523497&sr=8-1&keywords=analog+thumb+grips+ps4

That said, in the current gen MS's controller isn't nearly as superior as it was last gen.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
9 months ago#6
Well none of the games have looked amazing yet. Honestly infamous has looked the best so far. Then Mario 3d world and Mario kart 8. I like games to be fluid in motion something titanfall isn't. I have played and enjoyed titanfall the most this gen Besides Mario 3d world but boy is it sloppy. Lets face it the xbox one is weaker then the ps4. I want xbox to be number one but its never gonna happen. I sit four feet from a 48 inch 1080 p tv.
9 months ago#7
Well you can get the console with better games AND the better controller: the Xbox One.

....unless you like indie games and HD remasters, which the PS4 is in no short supply of. :D
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
9 months ago#8
DeMann4478 posted...
I sit four feet from a 48 inch 1080 p tv.

Sitting that close to a TV that size is ruining your viewing experience. Back it up.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
9 months ago#9
DeMann4478 posted...
I sit four feet from a 48 inch 1080 p tv.

And I sit about 5-6 feet away from my 60". I'm not going to let anyone dictate what distance I sit in front of my TV as some people here do, I'm going to sit where I feel best.

I purchased all three consoles.

I'm getting more familiar with the PS4 controller as time goes on but I wish I could only use one controller style with all three. But that's not going to happen. On my Wii U, I even purchased a 360 styled controller.

My personal preference is graphics over controller because I don't hate the PS4 controller, I just find it a bit more challenging.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
9 months ago#10
DeMann4478 posted...
Well none of the games have looked amazing yet. Honestly infamous has looked the best so far. Then Mario 3d world and Mario kart 8. I like games to be fluid in motion something titanfall isn't. I have played and enjoyed titanfall the most this gen Besides Mario 3d world but boy is it sloppy. Lets face it the xbox one is weaker then the ps4. I want xbox to be number one but its never gonna happen. I sit four feet from a 48 inch 1080 p tv.

I think you`re buying into the hype and the mass internet fanboy war. The difference between the games is negligible. It`s why you will be suspected of being a troll. There`s alot more to a system than just whether the reflection in the mud on one game is crisper than the other. I much prefer the Xbox One to the ps4 myself. I prefer the controller , the online experience , the [console] exclusives, the gui and interface , just about everything about it. Just play games.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Im torn do I get games for the better system or the better controller

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived