Just paid off my Witcher 3: Collector's Edition Preorder

#1IceHuskyPosted 8/31/2014 2:49:30 PM
My God, spending $150 dollars on a single game is nuts! I am nuts for even considering it. However, with trade in credit and extra money I've gotten here-and-there, it feels good to finally have it paid off and knowing I will be adding this awesome game to my Witcher collection (I own the first 2 games on PC) come February 24; with a sweet looking statue to boot. Now to hope CDProject Red decides to print the game on a 24-carat Gold disk to compensate for how expensive it is. :P

Anyone else crazy enough to spend the money for this amazing looking Collector's Edition?
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
#2WarzorePosted 8/31/2014 2:51:48 PM
for the witcher 3? i dont think or see that it worth that much.
#3Koelker12Posted 8/31/2014 2:58:51 PM
Can't wait for Witcher 3, but I've never bought a big collectors edition like that. And only because I know that as soon as I get one super cool statue, I'll feel like a need to fill up a shelf with them and start collecting them. Most expensive special edition I've purchased was the ME3 N7 Edition, which I think was 80 bucks and came with DLC, artbook, an N7 patch, etc...but no giant statue. In fact, that's the only one I've gotten, but I love Mass Effect so it was worth it. It felt good paying that off, too.
---
If you can't do what's right, you can always do what's left.
#4LanternOfAshPosted 8/31/2014 3:01:42 PM
Cashed in BB reward points plus GCU and other stuff to get it for $56 shipped. That was satisfying. I normally don't do Legendary editions anymore but I'm mad hyped for this.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#5IceHusky(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 3:04:20 PM(edited)
Koelker12 posted...
Can't wait for Witcher 3, but I've never bought a big collectors edition like that. And only because I know that as soon as I get one super cool statue, I'll feel like a need to fill up a shelf with them and start collecting them. Most expensive special edition I've purchased was the ME3 N7 Edition, which I think was 80 bucks and came with DLC, artbook, an N7 patch, etc...but no giant statue. In fact, that's the only one I've gotten, but I love Mass Effect so it was worth it. It felt good paying that off, too.

Well this is how I feel too. I am not super huge in Collector's Editions, but I do love the Witcher series for its great fantasy and art direction, as well as the gameplay. Also, Geralt is just a bad ass protagonist. I normally do not buy Collector's Editions, but this one spoke to me. Plus it does come with some pretty amazing stuff in the way of DLC and collectibles, outside of the statue. I remember listening the soundtrack of the C.E. of the first two Witcher games over and over again since it had some pretty amazing songs. :)

Edit: By the way, that Mass Effect 3 C.E. was the last collector's edition I bought too. I loved the shirt it came with. I used to wear it all of the time and I very rarely wear videogame related clothing. :P
---
#6IceHusky(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 3:06:29 PM
LanternOfAsh posted...
Cashed in BB reward points plus GCU and other stuff to get it for $56 shipped. That was satisfying. I normally don't do Legendary editions anymore but I'm mad hyped for this.

Very nice! Yeah, if I could justify parting with $120 dollars for a year subscription of GCU, I would so get on it for the amazing new game discounts they can offer. At least you're getting it for cheap out-of-pocket expense, unlike me who's paying full price for this. ;)

By the way, I am more hyped for Witcher 3 than Dragon Age: Inquisition; which I plan on passing on entirely. I watch videos of DA:I and they just pale in comparison to Witcher 3's amazing life-like world and graphics.
---
#7Koelker12Posted 8/31/2014 3:07:18 PM
WIceHusky posted...
Koelker12 posted...

Well this is how I feel too. I am not super huge in Collector's Editions, but I do love the Witcher series for its great fantasy and art direction, as well as the gameplay. Also, Geralt is just a bad ass protagonist. I normally do not buy Collector's Editions, but this one spoke to me. Plus it does come with some pretty amazing stuff in the way of DLC and collectibles, outside of the statue. I remember listening the soundtrack of the C.E. of the first two Witcher games over and over again since it had some pretty amazing songs. :)

Edit: By the way, that Mass Effect 3 C.E. was the last collector's edition I bought too. I loved the shirt it came with. I used to wear it all of the time and I very rarely wear videogame related clothing. :P

Whaaaaat yours came with a shirt? Mine didn't. Was there a different edition than the one I got? Also, if you like the Witcher games that much, have you read any of the books?
---
If you can't do what's right, you can always do what's left.
#8LanternOfAshPosted 8/31/2014 3:11:35 PM
IceHusky posted...
LanternOfAsh posted...

Very nice! Yeah, if I could justify parting with $120 dollars for a year subscription of GCU, I would so get on it for the amazing new game discounts they can offer. At least you're getting it for cheap out-of-pocket expense, unlike me who's paying full price for this. ;)

By the way, I am more hyped for Witcher 3 than Dragon Age: Inquisition; which I plan on passing on entirely. I watch videos of DA:I and they just pale in comparison to Witcher 3's amazing life-like world and graphics.

It goes on sale several times for $60. Usually unadvertised, you have to watch out for it. I got that money back within two months and now I'm pure profit for another year and a half.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#9Descedent1Posted 8/31/2014 3:26:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10Dev445Posted 8/31/2014 3:48:35 PM
I remember I spent $150 on the Gears of Wars 3 CE. It came with the Marcus Fenix statue and a cog tag with notes and stuff from his dad Adam Fenix. It also came with a code to use Adam Fenix in MP. You really got to show off when using him in MP cause not many people had him.

They never did release him as DLC either.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247