Just paid off my Witcher 3: Collector's Edition Preorder

#11SoftAssassinPosted 8/31/2014 5:02:29 PM
I pre ordered it also. I didn't get it for xbox one though. When it comes to collector's editions I'm really picky. I've only have 4 of them.
#12ComradeRyanPosted 8/31/2014 7:27:11 PM
I pre-ordered the standard edition. Star Wars: Battlefront & The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are the only 2015 games I am currently planning on paying full price for.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#13IceHusky(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 8:28:13 PM(edited)
Koelker12 posted...
WIceHusky posted...
Koelker12 posted...
Can't wait for Witcher 3, but I've never bought a big collectors edition like that. And only because I know that as soon as I get one super cool statue, I'll feel like a need to fill up a shelf with them and start collecting them. Most expensive special edition I've purchased was the ME3 N7 Edition, which I think was 80 bucks and came with DLC, artbook, an N7 patch, etc...but no giant statue. In fact, that's the only one I've gotten, but I love Mass Effect so it was worth it. It felt good paying that off, too.

Well this is how I feel too. I am not super huge in Collector's Editions, but I do love the Witcher series for its great fantasy and art direction, as well as the gameplay. Also, Geralt is just a bad ass protagonist. I normally do not buy Collector's Editions, but this one spoke to me. Plus it does come with some pretty amazing stuff in the way of DLC and collectibles, outside of the statue. I remember listening the soundtrack of the C.E. of the first two Witcher games over and over again since it had some pretty amazing songs. :)

Edit: By the way, that Mass Effect 3 C.E. was the last collector's edition I bought too. I loved the shirt it came with. I used to wear it all of the time and I very rarely wear videogame related clothing. :P

Whaaaaat yours came with a shirt? Mine didn't. Was there a different edition than the one I got? Also, if you like the Witcher games that much, have you read any of the books?

Yeah, I got my game and shirt through Gamestop, so It might've been a gamestop exclusive. It was a black tshirt with a big "N7" emblem on the shirt. Here's a link to an example of shirt I got, except my shirt is an XL and not XXL like this auction has it listed: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mass-Effect-3-N7-GameStop-XXL-size-Black-shirt-NEW-sealed-Bioware-EA-action-RPG-/281421649519?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item418609966f.

Like I said, I rarely if ever wear videogame related tshirts. However, it was an inconspicuous enough of a shirt that most people would think it was a skater shirt or some other shirt from a store like Sun Diego, whereas gamers would know instantly where it came from; which I did get a few compliments on it when I use to wear it. I still have it hanging in my closet, but I never really wear it anymore. lol :)
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
#14hk7111Posted 8/31/2014 8:57:12 PM
Just so you guys know, the Gamersclub unlocked at bestbuy is $120 for two Years.
---
Desktop: i7-4790k, 16gb Ddr3, R9 280x + 7970 Ghz Crossfire, Some HDD's, 840 Evo 250Gb
Laptop: Razerblade 14: i7-4702HQ, 8GB Ddr3, Gtx 765M, 256GB Msata SSD