Internet Explorer. What a surprise.

#1kidwgmPosted 8/31/2014 5:01:08 PM
I never use internet explorer on the one before today. Mainly because I have a PC, iPad and cell at my finger tips. But today I decided to load it up and was pleasantly surprised. Fast and easy to use. Plus one of my fav sites www.stream-tv.me actually works so I can watch videos will browsing the web on my ipad. Was just surprised and thought I would share.
---
Currently Playing: Lego Marvel Super Heros, FTL iOS and Peggle 2.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#2casper316Posted 8/31/2014 5:03:32 PM
kidwgm posted...
I never use internet explorer on the one before today. Mainly because I have a PC, iPad and cell at my finger tips. But today I decided to load it up and was pleasantly surprised. Fast and easy to use. Plus one of my fav sites www.stream-tv.me actually works so I can watch videos will browsing the web on my ipad. Was just surprised and thought I would share.

you've never used the newest version of IE have you... it runs as fast if not faster then FireFox.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#3kidwgm(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 5:06:47 PM(edited)
casper316 posted...
kidwgm posted...

you've never used the newest version of IE have you... it runs as fast if not faster then FireFox.

Actually no I haven't. Firefox mainly and when that acts up Chrome.
---
#4casper316Posted 8/31/2014 5:10:24 PM
kidwgm posted...
casper316 posted...
kidwgm posted...

Actually no I haven't. Firefox mainly and when that acts up Chrome.

yeah I use FF as my main browser only use IE when I need to but it's really came along from what used to be. I mainly use it now to keep both my router setup pages as home pages so I can access my routers FW quickly.
---
#5DeschainRedPosted 8/31/2014 5:14:48 PM
Chrome I believe is the most common used followed by Firefox, personally I use Firefox guess I'm just used to it. Pretty sure Chrome and Firefox are faster than IE but it's not like IE is incredibly slow so yeah it works well enough for me on my Xbox also.
#6casper316Posted 8/31/2014 5:19:56 PM
DeschainRed posted...
Chrome I believe is the most common used followed by Firefox, personally I use Firefox guess I'm just used to it. Pretty sure Chrome and Firefox are faster than IE but it's not like IE is incredibly slow so yeah it works well enough for me on my Xbox also.

well back around IE 9ish I think it was slow as all hell, but the newest version just runs so much faster compared to all the previous versions. I never did like chrome though it can stream like no other browser though as I use it when streaming WWE Network to my TV in the family room from my laptop sometimes when the app on my 360 in there is having trouble keeping up with the stream. oh yeah I stream some of the University of Kentucky basketball games too when we have a media blackout in my area as well. but other then that I use FF for everything else.
---
#7DeschainRedPosted 8/31/2014 5:23:50 PM
casper316 posted...
DeschainRed posted...

well back around IE 9ish I think it was slow as all hell, but the newest version just runs so much faster compared to all the previous versions. I never did like chrome though it can stream like no other browser though as I use it when streaming WWE Network to my TV in the family room from my laptop sometimes when the app on my 360 in there is having trouble keeping up with the stream. oh yeah I stream some of the University of Kentucky basketball games too when we have a media blackout in my area as well. but other then that I use FF for everything else.

Yeah I remember I went back to using it after using Firefox and was like wow this is slow as hell compared to Firefox but latest the versions they have been catching up, I'll still be sticking with my Firefox for now though.
#8casper316Posted 8/31/2014 5:27:14 PM
DeschainRed posted...
casper316 posted...
DeschainRed posted...

Yeah I remember I went back to using it after using Firefox and was like wow this is slow as hell compared to Firefox but latest the versions they have been catching up, I'll still be sticking with my Firefox for now though.

yeah me too as FF seems to be the more secure between the two or at least from my experience. plus I do love the sync feature of FF transfer all my bookmarks, usernames, passwords, and addons between my devices I have FF installed on.
---
#9Hucast9Posted 8/31/2014 6:40:25 PM(edited)
Is the Xbox One web browser better than the Xbox 360 web browser? The Xbox 360 web browser is the most pathetic browser I have ever seen. Even Gamefaqs takes a long time to load. Simply checking your e-mail at Microsoft's own outlook.com web site takes insanely long and doesn't work properly. The PS3 web browser is infinitely better than the Xbox 360 web browser. So how's the Xbox One browser?
#10kidwgm(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 6:40:09 PM
I haven't used the IE browser on the 360 since it was intentionally released. But from the impression IE on the One is infinitely better than the 360.
---