Do you believe the Xbox One can outsell the Wii U this generation?

#31fiasco86Posted 9/1/2014 10:12:15 AMmessage detail
First of all, the correct answer is sales don't matter. I don't know why gamers started caring about sales and stock values of the companies that make consoles, other than to have another bullet point as to why their choice is the better one.

Secondly, anyone who honestly thinks the Xbox One will not outsell the Wii U this generation is delusional.
---
Watch the Summer of Co-op! http://www.youtube.com/vgfiasco
Legendary A Mod/Admin replied on 8/25/2014 4:59:42 AM: My mistake.
#32dnmtPosted 9/1/2014 10:17:13 AMmessage detail(edited)
fiasco86 posted...
First of all, the correct answer is sales don't matter. I don't know why gamers started caring about sales and stock values of the companies that make consoles, other than to have another bullet point as to why their choice is the better one.

Secondly, anyone who honestly thinks the Xbox One will not outsell the Wii U this generation is delusional.

People have always, always, ALWAYS cared about sales. If you don't understand why then you are the one who's delusional.
#33astutecolliePosted 9/1/2014 10:23:20 AMmessage detail
Easily. Probably this holiday. The U is only getting like 5-7 retail games a year.

U sold 7 mil in 17 months at $300-350
X1 sold 5 mil in 7 months at $500

Anyone that doesnt realize the x1 is outpacing the U, ps3 and 360 is a derp. Only reason the ps4 got that lead is it was cheaper that entire time. Certainly wasnt games. Well and also some really dumb decisions by don mattrick who was pushed out of ms for trying to market this as a tv machine forst, and was replaced by a games first guy so all is right in ms land heading into the holiday season. With bigger exclusives to promote than sony this year. And is finally the same price. :)

The salt will burn.
#34MicrosoftLoverPosted 9/1/2014 10:30:03 AMmessage detail(edited)
Where's the:

Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break will boost Xbox One sales to first place by a large margin

Option?
---
"It's not about visuals or gameplay. It's about exclusives." - Special-Edd
#35TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 1:03:01 PMmessage detail
MicrosoftLover posted...
Where's the:

Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break will boost Xbox One sales to first place by a large margin

Option?

Sorry, I'll add that one next time. :)
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#36Crystyn_7BPosted 9/1/2014 1:25:22 PMmessage detail
dnmt posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Microsoft been in 3rd place every generation, don't see how that will change

OG xbox sold more than GC...

/fail

24 mil vs 22 mil, IIRC. Not much to brag about there IMO...

Did I brag, I just debunked Xeeh's claim.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#37TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 2:37:37 PMmessage detail
fiasco86 posted...

Please explain why sales don't matter.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#38threedownPosted 9/1/2014 2:52:20 PMmessage detail
TheGam3925 posted...
fiasco86 posted...

Please explain why sales don't matter.

The wii outsold the ps3 and xbox360, did that matter to either of those systems?
#39DarkLordYianniPosted 9/1/2014 2:55:10 PMmessage detail
If it gets better exclusives,maybe.
Also....ZELDAAAAAA
#40threedownPosted 9/1/2014 3:05:44 PMmessage detail(edited)
darkness1018 posted...
I used to own a WiiU, liked it & the game pad. Heres the issue. After Smash, Nintendo has 1 more system selling exclusive left, Zelda U. After that, then what? They have almost no 3rd party support. XB1 still has Halo 5 & Gears 4 coming plus some others & they have the 3rd party support. That's why I think they'll take 2nd place for sure. Also, Smash coming out on 3DS & MK8 didn't move the systems they hoped it would. Most people who will want Smash might already own the system anyway.

They also have Bayonetta 2 which a lot of people are excited about, the wii u has some decent games coming out down the line, I'm sure we'll get another metroid game sometime too. I'm glad it's not my only console but it's still good to own one if you enjoy their games. I dont think they'll beat the Xbox one this gen though but who knows...
Also worth pointing out would be shin megami tense x fire emblem and xenoblade chronicles.