Do you believe the Xbox One can outsell the Wii U this generation?

#41googlerPosted 9/1/2014 3:09:40 PMmessage detail
Its already almost at Wii U's lifetime sales in half the time so there's no reason why it wouldn't surpass it and soon. Probably this year
#42TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 4:45:32 PMmessage detail
threedown posted...
darkness1018 posted...
I used to own a WiiU, liked it & the game pad. Heres the issue. After Smash, Nintendo has 1 more system selling exclusive left, Zelda U. After that, then what? They have almost no 3rd party support. XB1 still has Halo 5 & Gears 4 coming plus some others & they have the 3rd party support. That's why I think they'll take 2nd place for sure. Also, Smash coming out on 3DS & MK8 didn't move the systems they hoped it would. Most people who will want Smash might already own the system anyway.

They also have Bayonetta 2 which a lot of people are excited about, the wii u has some decent games coming out down the line, I'm sure we'll get another metroid game sometime too. I'm glad it's not my only console but it's still good to own one if you enjoy their games. I dont think they'll beat the Xbox one this gen though but who knows...
Also worth pointing out would be shin megami tense x fire emblem and xenoblade chronicles.

Bayonetta 2 looks awesome, so does the new Donkey Kong, Yoshi, the new Toad game and of course the new Smash Bros will move systems and a new Star Fox is on the way as well.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#43xacebopPosted 9/1/2014 5:02:32 PMmessage detail
schmarkenheimer posted...
Sure. It's about 7m v 5m sold over 22 v 10 months roughly supposedly. MS behind trying to get ahead will make them do quite a lot to make you buy it which is only good for consumers. I can definitely see it. At that rate I'd be surprised if it hasn't sold more by 2016.

Charlie from always sunny?
#44schmarkenheimerPosted 9/2/2014 2:01:27 AMmessage detail
xacebop posted...
Sure. It's about 7m v 5m sold over 22 v 10 months roughly supposedly. MS behind trying to get ahead will make them do quite a lot to make you buy it which is only good for consumers. I can definitely see it. At that rate I'd be surprised if it hasn't sold more by 2016.

I have no idea what this means so.... maybe.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#45Laylow12Posted 9/2/2014 9:36:14 AMmessage detail
TheGam3925 posted...
threedown posted...
darkness1018 posted...
I used to own a WiiU, liked it & the game pad. Heres the issue. After Smash, Nintendo has 1 more system selling exclusive left, Zelda U. After that, then what? They have almost no 3rd party support. XB1 still has Halo 5 & Gears 4 coming plus some others & they have the 3rd party support. That's why I think they'll take 2nd place for sure. Also, Smash coming out on 3DS & MK8 didn't move the systems they hoped it would. Most people who will want Smash might already own the system anyway.

They also have Bayonetta 2 which a lot of people are excited about, the wii u has some decent games coming out down the line, I'm sure we'll get another metroid game sometime too. I'm glad it's not my only console but it's still good to own one if you enjoy their games. I dont think they'll beat the Xbox one this gen though but who knows...
Also worth pointing out would be shin megami tense x fire emblem and xenoblade chronicles.

Bayonetta 2 looks awesome, so does the new Donkey Kong, Yoshi, the new Toad game and of course the new Smash Bros will move systems and a new Star Fox is on the way as well.

Yeah, the Wii-U is gathering momentum with all those excellent AAA titles and the XBOX ONE is gathering moss and sitting on shelves. The PS4 is like a rocket ship filled with win fuel. What a great year for gaming.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#46CallmegePosted 9/2/2014 10:04:07 AMmessage detail
Nah Xbone is pretty much dead in the water tbh. not surprising considering its lack of games
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#47kyncaniPosted 9/2/2014 10:46:26 AMmessage detail
Callmege posted...
Nah Xbone is pretty much dead in the water tbh. not surprising considering its lack of games

The Wii U isn't exactly overflowing with games either.
#48singhellotakuPosted 9/2/2014 11:14:21 AMmessage detail
A half eaten sandwich could outsell the wii u, nintendo is on the right track starting about a week ago, but they still have bad hardware to fight with, I keep hoping they'll just cut their losses and release a new, proper console, with a normal damn controller. At least pull have more games that use the gc controller as standard, or pull a new 3ds and release an improved version of the same console.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#49TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 12:58:17 AMmessage detail
xacebop posted...

I have no idea what this means so.... maybe.

I don't get it either.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#50mjc0961Posted 9/3/2014 2:00:23 AMmessage detail
Once third parties actually start bringing out new games instead of remastering everything from PS3 and 360, both Xbone and PS4 sales will pick up even further and Wii U will get left behind.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game