Game over, Persona 5 announced for Playstation 4.

#41CammyApplePosted 9/1/2014 1:08:28 AM
Garage_Man posted...
CammyApple posted...
Garage_Man posted...
CammyApple posted...
Guess it's a good thing I still have my PS3. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see a *complete* edition on the Vita after the fact either.

In any event I'd rather see a new proper MegaTen than another Persona.

Well if you are into it there is remote play and the PS4 version. It's a RPG so there won't be any issues with controls and it will most likely look better over RP than on the PS3 if you cared about that.

That's probably true.

Course that is only if you were going to invest into a PS4 and Vita. I already have both so I am set.

I have the Vita. I chose the XB1 for the time being. But I have access to a PS4.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#42Garage_ManPosted 9/1/2014 1:19:51 AM
CammyApple posted...
Garage_Man posted...
CammyApple posted...
Garage_Man posted...
CammyApple posted...
Guess it's a good thing I still have my PS3. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see a *complete* edition on the Vita after the fact either.

In any event I'd rather see a new proper MegaTen than another Persona.

Well if you are into it there is remote play and the PS4 version. It's a RPG so there won't be any issues with controls and it will most likely look better over RP than on the PS3 if you cared about that.

That's probably true.

Course that is only if you were going to invest into a PS4 and Vita. I already have both so I am set.

I have the Vita. I chose the XB1 for the time being. But I have access to a PS4.

Well there you go! Just steal theirs. They never have to know :p
#43pobbesPosted 9/1/2014 1:39:43 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
pobbes posted...
Atlus continues not wanting my money. Their loss. Maybe they should offer up yet another rerelease of a fighter no one asked for again, I'm sure the audience is bigger on Xbox for 2D Persona fighters than a real Persona game.

i don't understand what you're trying to say.

Xbox has two versions of a Persona fighting game that is the definition of niche, yet they don't see the potential market for the real deal on a JRPG starved user base? How was that unclear?

how well did they sell on the xbox compared to PS? just curious, i really have no idea.
#44SubSeenixPosted 9/1/2014 1:41:56 AM
Persona 5
Ys
Dragon Quest Heroes (with special console bundle!)
Hot Shots Golf
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Disgaea 5
Earth Defense Force
Mobile Suit Gundam
God Eater 2
Bloodborne
Fairy Fencer F (idk some JRPG thing from Compile Hearts)
Senran Kagura Estivel Versus
Yakuza Zero
Resident Evil HD
Final Fantasy Type-0
Metal Gear Solid V

Yep the 2015 Lineup for the PS4 in Japan looks good now.
Left some Waifu Simulator out but this is pretty good.

Goodbye PS3 - Was nice to have you but i don't need you anymore.
Tales of Z. will get ported hopefully too sooner or later.
#45suzukimatsuiPosted 9/1/2014 1:44:44 AM
SubSeenix posted...
Persona 5
Ys
Dragon Quest Heroes (with special console bundle!)
Hot Shots Golf
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Disgaea 5
Earth Defense Force
Mobile Suit Gundam
God Eater 2
Bloodborne
Fairy Fencer F (idk some JRPG thing from Compile Hearts)
Senran Kagura Estivel Versus
Yakuza Zero
Resident Evil HD
Final Fantasy Type-0
Metal Gear Solid V

Yep the 2015 Lineup for the PS4 in Japan looks good now.
Left some Waifu Simulator out but this is pretty good.

Goodbye PS3 - Was nice to have you but i don't need you anymore.
Tales of Z. will get ported hopefully too sooner or later.

I wish I could get rid of my ps3 like you but I have invested way too much money into the Idolm@ster
#46Jedi454Posted 9/1/2014 1:48:26 AM
Garage_Man posted...
Jedi454 posted...

You push the PS4 and Vita so much, the Vita isn't even good.

I really push the Vita. The PS4 right now IMO will be the best console but I find it lacking...really Sony, no freaking CD support. No PS1 support...AHH. To tell you the truth Jedi I have 2 games for the PS4, Oddworld and TLoU. I have other games but nothing worth mentioning.

My Vita is a completely different case. Here is my list of Vita games since I got one in December. I am including Ps1/PSP games because I have never played them before. It is part of the Vita library IMO. Starting with newest purchased to oldest..ALL have been bought since I got the Vita. ALL would have never been touched if it wasn't for the Vita.

FFX/X-2, FFVIII, FFVI, FFTactics, Dissidia FF, Fez, Dragons Crown, Dino Crisis, Dino Crisis 2, Legend of Dragoon, Wild Arms, Wild Arms 2, Syphon Filter, Tekken 2, Muramasa Rebirth(absolutely amazing game), Rayman1,2, Persona, Persona3, Persona4, Growlanser, Metal Gear Solid collection, Atelier Torori, Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Gex, FFIII, FFIV, FF Origins, FFIX, Midnight Club 3, Killzone Mercenary, Sly Cooper ThiT, Oddworld Stangers Wrath, Gravity Rush, Uncharted GA and The Walking Dead.

Okay I included just a few of the PS+ games, only the ones I found worthwhile. There is 6 PS+ games in that list.

I've only actually got to play a few of them. There is just to much right now...Honestly it is putting steam to shame. Right now I am working my way through FFX on my Vita and PS3 (thank god for cross save) and after that...not sure what I'll play next. Something on PC probably.

Why people say it isn't a worthwhile system is beyond me. $200 for the console and like another $200 for games. That's what I got for that amount of money.

You have a strong case, there are quite a few good titles. Most are ports and HD collections though =/
#47scoobydoobydontPosted 9/1/2014 1:52:13 AM
pobbes posted...
how well did they sell on the xbox compared to PS? just curious, i really have no idea.

"During its debut week the PlayStation 3 version of Persona Arena sold 128,000 units while the Xbox 360 version sold 9,346." No idea LTD, but it doesn't really matter, 360 and xbone are simple consoles that are easy to port to. My problem isn't that they ported a stupid fighter that I don't care about, it's the not porting games I do want and make more sense to port.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#48dnmtPosted 9/1/2014 1:54:38 AM
pobbes posted...

"During its debut week the PlayStation 3 version of Persona Arena sold 128,000 units while the Xbox 360 version sold 9,346." No idea LTD, but it doesn't really matter, 360 and xbone are simple consoles that are easy to port to. My problem isn't that they ported a stupid fighter that I don't care about, it's the not porting games I do want and make more sense to port.

Holy lol. Going by those numbers you can't really be surprised that a lot of Japanese developers don't even bother with Xbox anymore.
#49-3703Posted 9/1/2014 2:05:38 AM
See i get excited by the *idea* of this, but reality is I haven't even played Persona 1. I would think most people posting about this are in a similar boat.

I do plan to buy a PS4 sometime though. Maybe around Christmas.
#50dnmtPosted 9/1/2014 2:07:24 AM
-3703 posted...
See i get excited by the *idea* of this, but reality is I haven't even played Persona 1. I would think most people posting about this are in a similar boat.

I do plan to buy a PS4 sometime though. Maybe around Christmas.

The games are standalone, you don't need to have played the previous ones in order to enjoy P5.