Game over, Persona 5 announced for Playstation 4.

#81kennyynnooPosted 9/1/2014 6:34:32 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
This announcement has a whiff of Tomb Raider to it.

Not saying it's timed, just, you know... the whiff of gloat.

:seatbelt on:

Only difference I can see from here, is that with TR this board exploded, with certain Xbox people gloating here, and the PS4 board exploded with disbelief. With this recent news however, the PS4 board has exploded (as you would expect), and the gloating is again on this board, with some/most of the Xbox people wondering what the fuss is about?

Don't remind them of their 180's they will cover it up and twist it somehow to it being your fault. You know just like when you try to argue with a woman.

Also, the mods here must be off for the holiday, if this topic surfaced on a PS4 board it would've been gone in less than 2 minutes.

---

I'll never troll but I'd love to post game over, xbox has forza horizon 2

Do we have an open world racer here on ps4?

That's all this is, I never touched persona on my ps3, no need to post this crap here.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#82Yomonachi5Posted 9/1/2014 6:35:39 AM
chris0009 posted...
I never heard of persona until today, since ps fanboys lost mgs, ff, and kh they need a knew exclusive to hype up, I guess this is it. Lol its actually pretty sad, how come there was no hype for this game now its the second coming, lol.

Just because you didn't know of it doesn't mean there wasn't a growing fanbase.

I had never heard of Scalebound but suddenly it's gotta be awesome. Doesn't mean there weren't fans of platinum games already.
#83Legend524Posted 9/1/2014 6:36:09 AM
RuinerEraser posted...
I don't care which console is selling more, I'll stick to the one with the least weeaboos.

What in the blue hell is a weeaboo? Is that a derogatory term for a type of person (like jiggaboo)? And if it is, do you have an official count of how many "we a boos" own a certain console? I'm curious.... what are the official numbers? And what is the criteria for weeaboo status?

let's see if we can have an intelligent discussion about this.
#84Yomonachi5Posted 9/1/2014 6:37:27 AM
Legend524 posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
I don't care which console is selling more, I'll stick to the one with the least weeaboos.

What in the blue hell is a weeaboo? Is that a derogatory term for a type of person (like jiggaboo)? And if it is, do you have an official count of how many "we a boos" own a certain console? I'm curious.... what are the official numbers? And what is the criteria for weeaboo status?

I know what he's saying, but I honestly don't see how someone's liking makes any difference.
Just don't add the guys to your friends list and you literally won't come across them
#85Dark_SpiretPosted 9/1/2014 6:51:07 AM
im actually kinda surprised people havnt atleast heard of Persona. its one of the bigger jrpg series out there i mean its been around for nearly 20 years, has had 15+ releases and all of them (i believe) have had a western release.
---
Currently playing: Risen 3 - FTL - Diablo 3 UEE
#86Brandino185Posted 9/1/2014 6:52:10 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
pobbes posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
pobbes posted...
how well did they sell on the xbox compared to PS? just curious, i really have no idea.

"During its debut week the PlayStation 3 version of Persona Arena sold 128,000 units while the Xbox 360 version sold 9,346." No idea LTD, but it doesn't really matter, 360 and xbone are simple consoles that are easy to port to. My problem isn't that they ported a stupid fighter that I don't care about, it's the not porting games I do want and make more sense to port.

whelp. i guess you can't fault them for not porting the main titles?

Sure I can. No one but they themselves are to blame for no one on Xbox giving a **** about a Persona spin-off when they've never bothered to release a real game on the platform. And more, they released an updated version of the fighter again, so they released it twice. They ported the main game to ****Ing Vita ffs. There's no excuse and my original snarky post stands.

Just look at the evidence though, every single FFXIII game sold way better on the PS3. Japanese gamers hate the Xbox platform, and US Xbox owners most likely don't own the console to get JRPG's.
---
LL42
#87Crystyn_7BPosted 9/1/2014 6:56:32 AM
Dark_Spiret posted...
im actually kinda surprised people havnt atleast heard of Persona. its one of the bigger jrpg series out there i mean its been around for nearly 20 years, has had 15+ releases and all of them (i believe) have had a western release.

I'm not surprised, I've been a JRPG fan and anime/manga fan for many years but only because of the Vita I got into Persona.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#88SigmaLongshotPosted 9/1/2014 7:00:43 AM
Legend524 posted...
RuinerEraser posted...

I think it's a derogatory internet term for a non-Japanese Japanophile whose obsession is formed around anime culture fallacy (ie, believing that everyone in Japan winks and do peace signs at each other screaming, "yaaattahhhh!")
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
PS4: Gooey_Toto ADD ME OR FACE THE UN-ADDED CONSEQUENCES! Which are nothing.
#89jblaze2121Posted 9/1/2014 7:09:05 AM
Great for PS4 owners :)
Don't understand why it is posted here :/
Seems off topic and kinda trolling/ flaming.
Ugh
Happy Labor Day!
Time for some D3:)
---
FC~3093 8430 0175 IGN~jblaze #of peaches consumed~ova 9000!!!!!!!!! Pawn Shop Owner/GT~jblaze2121-PSN~jblaze2121http://tinyurl.com/jblazepokemonz
#90EastCoastKodyPosted 9/1/2014 7:16:39 AM
why do I keep seeing PS4 fans post about Persona on the other boards?

Is this some great coupe?

They're getting some niche jrpg game that ppl haven't heard of, let alone played.