Xbox One and Astro A40s question.

#1Volition_PTHPosted 9/1/2014 1:31:56 AM
So I am looking into getting a new headset for my xbox, and after trying out my friends Astro A40s on his pc I have to say I am sold on them. My question is can you actually get the surround sound to work via the Mix Amp on the xbox one?

From what little I have been able to find online there seems to be a lot of conflicting reports. Some people say that their Astros work perfectly and they can get the surround via the Mix Amp to work. Others have claimed to wasted $300 and are only able to hear stereo audio. So my actual question here is will the astros work as intended on xbone with surround and chat working, or am I better off saving money and getting a stereo headset?
#2kingbahamut83Posted 9/1/2014 2:35:20 AM
If you use the optical port for sound and change the settings in the system for Dolby digital, there shouldn't be a problem. Then just adjust the chat adapter all the way to chat. I have a50s and this is what I do, no problems.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#3Volition_PTH(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 10:49:01 AM
Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear they are working well for you. I reviewed the specs for the A50s and A40s and the only difference I can tell is the wireless bit. So the A40s should work the same way I'd assume. Thanks again.
#4kingbahamut83Posted 9/1/2014 2:23:02 PM
I think pretty much any headset that uses the optical port should work fine as long as you change the system settings and have/adjust the chat adapter. I originally wanted the A40s but found the A50s on craigslist for 120. Only differences are they are wireless, which is a different mixamp (more a transmitter). The chat/audio mixer on the 50s is actually on the right ear cup. Push the button one way for audio, the other for chat.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#5HughMyronGainzPosted 9/1/2014 3:47:27 PM
I have the a40s and I got nothing connected to the controller and the sound is great.
---
U mirin brah?