Xbox better for multiplayer / multiplatform? Why

#1catkinickersPosted 9/1/2014 2:54:00 AM
Happy 360 user, purchased a PS4 over the weekend and not immediately enamoured with it (user interface / video renting options /control pad and the fact that the one game I got seems to struggle with frame rate when playing online (COD Ghosts) so looking to trade for an Xbox one.

The reasons I purchased a PS4 was the lure of a "better" system under the hood, and the fear that the ratio of sales would equate to a less populated online community, which I think it does but I don't think it's really an issue.

The grass is always greener....

Before I switch again I have 2 questions

1) I keep reading Xbox is typically better for COD, but I've never seen an explanation.
2) Likewise I read that Xbox live is better for multiplayer, but again never read why.

I'm only ever going to play COD and FIFA and both of those online only, so that is really all I care about in the gaming side. Other uses are mainly renting videos, and when my daughter gets old enough, she will play some games too (so kinnect is a draw).
#2DeschainRedPosted 9/1/2014 2:58:12 AM
catkinickers posted...
Happy 360 user, purchased a PS4 over the weekend and not immediately enamoured with it (user interface / video renting options /control pad and the fact that the one game I got seems to struggle with frame rate when playing online (COD Ghosts) so looking to trade for an Xbox one.

The reasons I purchased a PS4 was the lure of a "better" system under the hood, and the fear that the ratio of sales would equate to a less populated online community, which I think it does but I don't think it's really an issue.

The grass is always greener....

Before I switch again I have 2 questions

1) I keep reading Xbox is typically better for COD, but I've never seen an explanation.
2) Likewise I read that Xbox live is better for multiplayer, but again never read why.

I'm only ever going to play COD and FIFA and both of those online only, so that is really all I care about in the gaming side. Other uses are mainly renting videos, and when my daughter gets old enough, she will play some games too (so kinnect is a draw).

It has a better controller for one, also I find the Xbox one has a better interface. Apart from that there isn't really that much difference tbh. Ps4 also has a worse community imho although bigger.

FPS have always been Xboxs thing probably mostly due to the controller.
#3ShELbY_GT500Posted 9/1/2014 3:01:15 AM
In my own very personal experiences the Xbox is better for CoD. Reason being is when I play CoD on either the PS3/4 I experience what people consider lag comp. Basically its the phenomena that you shoot first and die first. I experience that phenomena a good 80% of the time while playing any CoD after Black Ops 1 on the PSN. Over on the Xbox 360/One majority of my kills and deaths feel much fairer in comparison. I know there are people out there that do not experience my issues on the PSN but it is a major issue for me and alot of other people.
---
PSN: iznutz355
XBL: iznutz355
#4nableetPosted 9/1/2014 3:05:32 AM
1) Because people think the controller is better for FPS (I do about the same using either) and CoD has a higher attachment rate on xbox along with most tournaments being on xbox.

2) The only difference will be if you are using MS's dedicated servers. Most games use P2P or the publishers (EA for example) servers which will be the same on both consoles.

Not sure what the problem is with the PS4 UI, it is very barebones but does the job.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#5181stCommanderPosted 9/1/2014 3:08:15 AM
Ghosts is garbage even on an alienware running it at 120fps and 4k with zero lag.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#6catkinickers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 3:29:47 AM
what about the clever matchmaking thing MS have developed. Will that make for a better experience playing these games, or will it make it harder (i.e no noobs!)