Why the internet is stupid and everything to them is racist.

#11phineasfoolPosted 9/1/2014 6:09:54 AM
Platinum Games immediately nullifies that statement for me. I have enjoyed everything from them so far and Bayonetta is in my top games ever.
---
GT - phineasfool
#12Legend524Posted 9/1/2014 6:15:00 AM
phineasfool posted...
Platinum Games immediately nullifies that statement for me. I have enjoyed everything from them so far and Bayonetta is in my top games ever.

Not to mention atlus.
#13SizableMattressPosted 9/1/2014 6:16:24 AM
Wait, did he actually say that? Is there an angry article about this somewhere?
---
3ds friend code: 0645-7095-3198
3ds profile name: Mattress. Pokemon ign: bilbo
#14Rainy_David1Posted 9/1/2014 6:20:04 AM(edited)
He didn't say "Modern Japanese games suck."

He said "Your games just suck!" (referring to Japanese games in general) to a lone Japanese developer in front of a large room of people.That's why people were mad.
#15rincewind1990Posted 9/1/2014 6:23:45 AM
SizableMattress posted...

Here's a video of what he said:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23if5y_phil-fish-on-japanese-games_videogames
#16SizableMattressPosted 9/1/2014 6:36:25 AM(edited)
rincewind1990 posted...
SizableMattress posted...

Here's a video of what he said:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23if5y_phil-fish-on-japanese-games_videogames

Thank you! So I watched the vid and heard what he said in context, and he's totally right. Nintendo, specifically, needs to update. Their online features are pretty much always terrible and they're tricky to use compared to current games for 360 and PS3. Heck, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for 3ds didn't even have online (when the Wii version did AND the upcoming 4 Ultimate for the same system will). Pokemon X and Y had weird framerate issues. A smaller issue is Nintendo's inability to keep up with the rest of the world graphically.

Nintendo doesn't suck because they're Japanese, they suck because they used to be the best in the world, and they got WAY too comfortable.

I'm still going to shamelessly purchase that new 3ds though whenever it comes out :D

Edit: a couple of things, I thought he was referring to specifically Ninty in this. Also, he could have been way nicer/professional about it, but I still don't see it as racist.
---
3ds friend code: 0645-7095-3198
3ds profile name: Mattress. Pokemon ign: bilbo