Digital Foundry--Face-Off: Metro Redux

#21Gunvalkyrie2Posted 9/1/2014 8:18:24 AM
Other than that, the differences are minimal. Curiously, a red-tinted lens-flare effect seen in the Metro 2033 prologue scene is present on Xbox One and PC, but absent on the PlayStation 4 version of the game - a minor, fleeting curiosity that will almost certainly be patched. Other than that, the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the Metro titles are a match.

/topic
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#22turtle_owns_youPosted 9/1/2014 8:21:16 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
turtle_owns_you posted...
No no no. Didn't you know that if the resolution is less than ps4 then the screen is basically blank? DF has been preaching this to me all year so it must be true.

It's a shame really. I never knew my xbox one screen was blank while enjoying every minute of it. I suppose xbox players enjoy more in life than ps4 players?

Now to my opinion. They will never look different because no one will play both at the same time with the same variables. For example room lighting. Glare. And even then you probably wouldn't be able to image the other while looking at the current. So basically people are giving DF tonnes of clicks for no reason giving them loads of money and allowing them to attack peoples insecurities.

Bye.

You don't need to play them side by side to know the difference, all you need is to see the other version.

Yeah i suppose the xbox one is much better than the ps4 because my tv is 1080p and my xbox looks great. However my brothers ps4 is on a 720p monitor.

Point proven xbox one wins here. Next game?
#23casper316Posted 9/1/2014 8:25:10 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
casper316 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
X1 version has washed out brown colors while PS4 seems to have more sharper detail in the textures. Fairly large difference.

it does not, lol if it looks washed out to you I'd suggest you check the color settings on your TV. if anything every PS4 video I've seen the colors look washed out and dimmer to me. stop trolling when you have no idea wtf you are talking about.

You're like the biggest troll on this board.

I'm not going to bother to post the side by side because you'll go criminal and swear it's not true until you turn blue in the face.

lol dude this comes straight from DF themselves

Other than that, the differences are minimal. Curiously, a red-tinted lens-flare effect seen in the Metro 2033 prologue scene is present on Xbox One and PC, but absent on the PlayStation 4 version of the game - a minor, fleeting curiosity that will almost certainly be patched. Other than that, the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the Metro titles are a match.

the only troll on the xbox one boards here is you so GTFO kid
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#24Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/1/2014 8:43:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGS0RAkMbE4
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#25chip1289Posted 9/1/2014 8:44:58 AM(edited)
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

/topic

This is normally the case any difference is minor
---
Bazinga, Hukana Matata, If you smell what the Rock is cooking, are all that you need
#26casper316Posted 9/1/2014 8:47:57 AM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

yes kid they look the same what's your point, the PS4 version looks dimmer then the Xbox One version. you aren't to bright are you?

you've been proven wrong multiple times in this topic just leave kid.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#27Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/1/2014 9:03:49 AM(edited)
casper316 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

yes kid they look the same what's your point, the PS4 version looks dimmer then the Xbox One version. you aren't to bright are you?

you've been proven wrong multiple times in this topic just leave kid.

You are AWARE the PS4 version is on the left, anyone who says the right image is not brown compared to the left is absolutely a liar.

Also, stop posting a small paragraph, post the rest where it says the image is sharper, cleaner on the Ps4, etc.

Edit: Noticed you're an albino (Facebook page) which means your retina has issues with light so you probably are serious when you say you see no difference. I wasn't aware of your disability and will not continue this conversation.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#28Miiri0Posted 9/1/2014 9:03:56 AM
quincy2000a posted...
Metro Last Light Redux Video Comparison: PS4 Trumps Xbox One, PC Is Still The Superior Version

http://gamingbolt.com/metro-last-light-redux-video-comparison-ps4-trumps-xbox-one-pc-is-still-the-superior-version#HCGf4WIIMaQ7OqrE.99

Ps4 version is always better due to ps4 superior hardware. Xbone version is inferior but it's still acceptable.
#29Exodus_PrimePosted 9/1/2014 9:05:56 AM
So the Xbone version has better lighting A-G-A-I-N nice. They must have ran out of sun graphics for the PS4 version. I know which version to get now, thank you Digital Foundry!

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#30MrImpatient35Posted 9/1/2014 9:08:39 AM
bossk5 posted...
Of course the ps4 version trumps the One version... You wouldn't have made this topic if it were the other way around.

Same thing I thought. It wouldn't be posted otherwise.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me