Can you stream music and video to Xbone?

#1chaos_sage0265Posted 9/1/2014 6:54:11 AM
Now that Persona 5 got announced for PS4, I don't care to keep my PS3.

All I use it for is streaming, so if I sold it, could an Xbone replace those features? Mostly buying one for the Master Chief Collection, but this feature would be nice.
---
"We will be remembered for this. White Wall."
#2chaos_sage0265(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 7:38:29 AM
Bump.
---
#3SampsonMPosted 9/1/2014 7:39:56 AM
Be more specific.

Xbox One has Netflix, Amazon Instant, Starz, ESPN, a few others.

You can subscribe to Xbox Music and use that. It's like Sony Music Unlimited or Spotify.

Xbox should have HBO Go by the end of the year. Other apps will come over time.

It's also supposedly getting DLNA support, but not for several months. That'll let you play music/videos on nearby networked PCs, mobile devices, etc.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#4MistaAtlasPosted 9/1/2014 7:40:45 AM
we want spotify
---
GT:Wh0oIsJohnGalt I Steam:Whoisjohngalt I PSN:MistaAtlas
#5casper316Posted 9/1/2014 7:44:24 AM
SampsonM posted...
Be more specific.

Xbox One has Netflix, Amazon Instant, Starz, ESPN, a few others.

You can subscribe to Xbox Music and use that. It's like Sony Music Unlimited or Spotify.

Xbox should have HBO Go by the end of the year. Other apps will come over time.

It's also supposedly getting DLNA support, but not for several months. That'll let you play music/videos on nearby networked PCs, mobile devices, etc.

you can stream movies to it already from windows 7/8 by right clicking on the file and selecting "Play To-" as for music I don't think you can stream music yet or at least not until the DLNA support for the app comes out.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#6chaos_sage0265(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 7:46:25 AM
SampsonM posted...

casper316 posted...
you can stream movies to it already from windows 7/8 by right clicking on the file and selecting "Play To-" as for music I don't think you can stream music yet or at least not until the DLNA support for the app comes out.

Looks like I'll be waiting a bit. Thanks guys.
---
#7MurryEB_Alt1Posted 9/1/2014 8:07:37 AM
People aren't usually as clear about the file streaming on Xbox one. It doesn't have to be Windows 7/8 play to function, it can be any program that pushes files via network. I use AllCast on my android to push videos on my phone to play on my Xbox.
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#8chaos_sage0265(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 8:23:35 AM
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
People aren't usually as clear about the file streaming on Xbox one. It doesn't have to be Windows 7/8 play to function, it can be any program that pushes files via network. I use AllCast on my android to push videos on my phone to play on my Xbox.

So UMS should work then. Beautiful. Will jump on one soon then.
---