People might as well embracing the digital age instead of fighting it.

#1known2FAILPosted 9/1/2014 7:07:17 AM(edited)
Yep. You can preferences. Like preferring a physical copy over digital but fighting against it is a losing battle. In fact, might as well get use to it now instead of later. Many things have changed technology wise. Just think about the crazy changes. I prefer physical copy of books myself but digital copy's is all the rage. You can watch movies now online without even having to download the file. Hell you can watch it in practically any device. You can check your bank account and pay bills not only in the internet but on your damn phone. Hell you can deposit checks into your bank account on your phone from draping pics. Hell I'm typing this message on my phone right now.

The point is that technology is constantly advancing. Physical copies are becoming obsolete. I know many people like to sale their games. Especially when they don't like them. Well... It's time to adjust. We have all this info in each game with limitless videos and such that you can make an educated purchasing decision before hand to enjoy your game. Even on release day. I haven't made a mistake purchasing any game since the 64 days to be honest.

You just have to adjust... That is all.

EDIT: Embrace (topic title)
---
Guess what... I like Micheal Bay movies. Am I crazy? Nope. I'm a guy that likes movies that entertain me and don't judge movies under a microscope. Sue me
#2JKSonicPosted 9/1/2014 7:07:15 AM
MS had a lot of good ideas for going digital but everybody turned into douche-mode and wouldn't hear them out or even believe them when they did announce stuff...instead they believed rumors and took the info that was there to spin it into their own crappy ideas of what MS "might" do.
---
http://www.kulhaphotography.com
http://www.abstractedrealism.com
#3known2FAIL(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 7:10:00 AM
JKSonic posted...
MS had a lot of good ideas for going digital but everybody turned into douche-mode and wouldn't hear them out or even believe them when they did announce stuff...instead they believed rumors and took the info that was there to spin it into their own crappy ideas of what MS "might" do.

Honestly, if MS made the simple decision to tell is the consequences of not connecting to the internet every day, which was probably minor like an update or confirmation, then it wouldn't have taken such a huge PR hit from the start bard could have proceeded with their plans. IMO anyway.
---
Guess what... I like Micheal Bay movies. Am I crazy? Nope. I'm a guy that likes movies that entertain me and don't judge movies under a microscope. Sue me
#4lilj812Posted 9/1/2014 7:10:00 AM
JKSonic posted...

It wasn't a rumor that you had to check in online every 24 hours to play your console. While personally, where I'm at right now, that wouldn't be a problem for me, that could easily be a problem for me in the future. Say I move and I can't get internet in my new home for a couple weeks, suddenly my new console is a paper weight?

I'm all for online only, but only if it's done right. And MS was doing it ALLLLLL WRONG!
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#5chaos_sage0265Posted 9/1/2014 7:14:09 AM
Except there's absolutely no benefit to go all digital yet. We aren't at the point where internet is great across the globe, so slow downloads are still an issue. Then there's also the problem of no resale value on a digital copy, so there's no recouped losses on a digital copy. Digital will also force rental companies under, which only hurts the consumer. We've seen Sony's ridiculous rental costs with PS Now.

The only benefit anyone has for buying digital games is not leaving their house/apartment. But most people still live in an area where the internet is slow enough to where you can still go to the store and come back with a physical copy before a large download finishes.
---
"We will be remembered for this. White Wall."
#6lilj812Posted 9/1/2014 7:15:12 AM
chaos_sage0265 posted...
Except there's absolutely no benefit to go all digital yet. We aren't at the point where internet is great across the globe, so slow downloads are still an issue. Then there's also the problem of no resale value on a digital copy, so there's no recouped losses on a digital copy. Digital will also force rental companies under, which only hurts the consumer. We've seen Sony's ridiculous rental costs with PS Now.

The only benefit anyone has for buying digital games is not leaving their house/apartment. But most people still live in an area where the internet is slow enough to where you can still go to the store and come back with a physical copy before a large download finishes.

---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#7carljenkPosted 9/1/2014 7:19:02 AM
Or we can fight it and win just like we did last year.
#8JKSonicPosted 9/1/2014 7:21:45 AM
chaos_sage0265 posted...
Then there's also the problem of no resale value on a digital copy, so there's no recouped losses on a digital copy. Digital will also force rental companies under, which only hurts the consumer. We've seen Sony's ridiculous rental costs with PS Now.

Except that MS assured us they were working on a system to borrow, resell, and rent digital games...

Also "all digital" obviously isn't good for EVERYBODY yet no. But there would easily be ways around that like just making discs still available for those who cannot purchase online.

About the whole PR thing too. They only did what companies ALWAYS do and in fact Sony had JUST DONE...they gave some info to tease us and told us we'd get the rest at E3. Instead of getting excited and waiting, people went ape**** and made assumptions on a lot of it.

The 24 hour thing would have sucked for some people sure, but again MS assured us some "fixes" were on the way for people who truly couldn't connect like military or those who honestly couldn't get access to it.
---
http://www.kulhaphotography.com
http://www.abstractedrealism.com
#9known2FAIL(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 7:22:27 AM
chaos_sage0265 posted...

I wouldn't say no benefit. When you are digital you don't have to worry about scratches screwing up the game. Also, more importantly for me, I'm on my 3rd 360 right now. My first 2 didn't suffer from a RRoD or anything. It suffered from a faulty disk drive. I literally couldn't play any physical copies making it useless. Hell my 3rd 360 has this issue and I have to beat the top of my xbox to get the disk to spin. Once that eventually breaks I will have a useless 360 again unless I go buy a bunch of digital copies of games I already own. Plus it takes me 20 minutes to get to a store that sales games. So I find digital quite useful.
---
#10lilj812Posted 9/1/2014 7:29:44 AM
known2FAIL posted...
chaos_sage0265 posted...

I wouldn't say no benefit. When you are digital you don't have to worry about scratches screwing up the game. Also, more importantly for me, I'm on my 3rd 360 right now. My first 2 didn't suffer from a RRoD or anything. It suffered from a faulty disk drive. I literally couldn't play any physical copies making it useless. Hell my 3rd 360 has this issue and I have to beat the top of my xbox to get the disk to spin. Once that eventually breaks I will have a useless 360 again unless I go buy a bunch of digital copies of games I already own. Plus it takes me 20 minutes to get to a store that sales games. So I find digital quite useful.

I've had many discs scratch on the xbox 360, and I went through 4 360 consoles.

I've only had 1 PS3 and it has never scratched a disc.

The problems in this come from either just microsoft or being to lazy to travel.
---
"Worlds best heel"