People might as well embracing the digital age instead of fighting it.

#11Spider5800Posted 9/1/2014 8:35:52 AM
Until internet speeds are at much faster levels EVERYWHERE in the world and hard drives in game consoles are about 5-10 times larger to accommodate for all the extra data being saved on them, the all-digital era is a dreamworld.

Heck, even places with good internet like my area have to face bandwidth caps and monopolies like Comcast trying to limit access to other sources of internet. I can't imagine how worthless an all-digital machine would be in an area that doesn't even have access to that.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#12chaos_sage0265Posted 9/1/2014 8:38:11 AM
known2FAIL posted...
I wouldn't say no benefit. When you are digital you don't have to worry about scratches screwing up the game.

We have BluRay game discs now. This shouldn't be a problem unless you're running a steak knife over it.

Also, more importantly for me, I'm on my 3rd 360 right now. My first 2 didn't suffer from a RRoD or anything. It suffered from a faulty disk drive. I literally couldn't play any physical copies making it useless. Hell my 3rd 360 has this issue and I have to beat the top of my xbox to get the disk to spin. Once that eventually breaks I will have a useless 360 again unless I go buy a bunch of digital copies of games I already own. Plus it takes me 20 minutes to get to a store that sales games. So I find digital quite useful.

Then maybe you should look at it as Microsoft fixing their terrible consoles. This is a problem they should be fixing as a hardware company, not by forcing a solution on to the consumer. The 360 was a hardware nightmare. Don't let them make you think it's somehow your fault and that you need to accept a medium that ultimately hurts you in the long run. It also takes me 20 minutes to get to the store, so I know where you're coming from, but digital only hurts your wallet in the long run.

JKSonic posted...
Except that MS assured us they were working on a system to borrow, resell, and rent digital games...

Why would I implicitly trust a company that only wants me for my wallet? Oh they ASSURED us? Oh, then everything is completely okay. Microsoft must be in it for the good of mankind and gaming then.

That's not how the world works.

The 24 hour thing would have sucked for some people sure, but again MS assured us some "fixes" were on the way for people who truly couldn't connect like military or those who honestly couldn't get access to it.

Really? Because I remember Mattrick's snarky retort telling us to stick to a 360 if we had no internet connection.
---
"We will be remembered for this. White Wall."
#13nableetPosted 9/1/2014 9:02:33 AM
Give me:

A) a much bigger harddrive
B) much cheaper digital games
C) the ability to play digital games offline forever(!)

And I will think about it.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#14Hucast9Posted 9/1/2014 9:15:45 AM
People like owning things that exist physically. These things have a chance to become rare and valuable like my copy of Xenosaga 3 for PS2 or my sealed copy of The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time for Gamecube. There is no chance of a digital game being rare and valuable.

Right now there is an option for you to go all digital, you can go physical, or you can do a combination of both. It makes no sense to go all digital and to remove the option of physical because less options are not better. More options are better.