Why are they not updating the engine in Halo:MCC?

#1Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/1/2014 7:07:57 AM
Topic, figured they would improve the engine in the older ones
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#2TOhasNoRingPosted 9/1/2014 7:09:36 AM
As 343 have said a several thousand times, they want the games to play exactly how they played when they were released.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#3VoidBeyondPosted 9/1/2014 7:10:16 AM
New engine only for Halo 2A. We've known from the announcement that the others are just getting touched up.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#4Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 7:12:10 AM
VoidBeyond posted...
New engine only for Halo 2A. We've known from the announcement that the others are just getting touched up.

From what I hear, there is no new engine for 2A

They just updating the resolution, textures, etc, a bit
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#5Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 7:12:46 AM
TOhasNoRing posted...
As 343 have said a several thousand times, they want the games to play exactly how they played when they were released.

You know that is BS or we wouldn't play at 1080P @ 60 FPS
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#6Gunvalkyrie2Posted 9/1/2014 7:13:44 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
VoidBeyond posted...

From what I hear, there is no new engine for 2A

They just updating the resolution, textures, etc, a bit

"A bit" lol
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#7Exodus_PrimePosted 9/1/2014 7:14:05 AM
TOhasNoRing posted...

This ^

Also...

Halo 2: Anniversary:

New Engine, designed for Xbox One
New Graphics Updates (Weapons and Maps have new textures. Currently using some Halo 4 placeholders)
New U.I. (Currently some Halo 4 placeholders)
Only 6 Maps; they have been re-imagined by Max Hoberman and the Certain Affinity team
Ascension: Some of the routes have been modified, a dynamic center-map energy shield can be triggered from the three points on the map.

http://teambeyond.net/halo-2-vs-halo-2-anniversary/

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#8Viper187666Posted 9/1/2014 7:15:43 AM
I wish they'd tweak the campaigns enough to make them current. I never liked that sniper rounds bounce off Banshees in the first game, you can't pick up FRGs/swords, etc. It still annoys me they went to all the trouble they did with Halo CE Anniversary but they didn't tie the campaign to Reach's commendations/stats like the multiplayer.
---
Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#9casper316Posted 9/1/2014 7:16:30 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Topic, figured they would improve the engine in the older ones

OMFG kid stop posting on things you know nothing about... first of all Halo:CEA has a new engine, it got it when it was released it's also getting it's original MP added back into it as it was using Reach's MP when it was released... Halo 2A is getting a new engine for the Halo:MCC, Halo 2s MP hasn't been playable online since MS shut down the original xbox live servers. Halo 3, and Halo 4 are getting HD textures and touched up for HD I believe other then that they aren't having anything else done to them.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#10carljenkPosted 9/1/2014 7:18:05 AM
Wouldn't be able to hit 1080 on a new engine.