Are you planning on keeping Forza 5 when Forza Horizon 2 releases?

#1IceHuskyPosted 9/1/2014 8:03:06 AM
How similar and dissimilar are these two series' games for those who have played both series? Are they both worth owning to fill an itch for sim or arcade racing experience? Just wondering what current Forza 5 owners plan on doing with their copies of Forza 5 when Forza Horizon 2 releases?

I've never played a Forza Horizon game before since this is my first time owning an Xbox console with the Xbox One and I am wondering if I should bother keeping my Forza 5 game when I buy Forza Horizon 2 on 9/30. Thanks.
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
#2odogs4Posted 9/1/2014 8:28:02 AM
Oh yeah I'm keeping forza 5. These games are completely different. Forza5 is about simulation and actual racing and tuning. It's about stretching your car and fine tuning to get a second better lap on your next lap.

Forza horizon is about exploring and socializing. It is more relaxed to you if you get a wheel on some dirt or off course. You can bump in to walls and still get first place. I love forza horizon just for the relaxed experience compared to forza 5. I can just drive around finding all the barns and have a great time.

I say you must keep both.
---
NBA = Spurs , MLB = Chicago Cubs
#3Northern_MysticPosted 9/1/2014 8:36:37 AM
Yeah...both are great game but they aren't replacements for one another.
#4kennyynnooPosted 9/1/2014 8:58:20 AM
Yep, keeping it. They're opposite imo. Ones a track racer, forza horizon after I beat it is just an open world cruising game. I don't touch online races in horizon, Its best played for free roam, road trips. When I feel like racing serious forza 5 is for that.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#5NeonYoshi11Posted 9/1/2014 11:19:51 AM
If Forza Horizon 2 is THAT good to where I don't even need or want Forza 5 anymore, then yet, but I need to play it first.
#6kungfuj0Posted 9/1/2014 12:02:20 PM
I haven't played Forza 5 yet (getting it in a week or so), but I did play the hell out of both Forza 4 and the original Horizon, and they are two almost entirely different experiences.

I look at Horizon as being Forza-lite. While I will play Horizon and likely enjoy it, I am much more into the whole experience that Forza offers.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#7spacejamjordanzPosted 9/1/2014 12:46:10 PM
Why not? They are two different types of racers. One doesn't really replace the other.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#8holden4everPosted 9/1/2014 12:56:16 PM
I couldn't get rid of it even if I wanted to.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg
#9Max_HassPosted 9/1/2014 3:28:16 PM
I'll be keeping Forza 5, because I know I'll need my Motorsport fix when 6 is announced.
---
GT: FM Jeronzo
#10MilesACPosted 9/1/2014 3:36:45 PM
Of course. I bought it digital lol
---
Brooklyn, NYC ..PSN/XBL: MilesAC87