Warframe launching at 8PM tonight.

#21RuinerEraserPosted 9/1/2014 11:48:42 AM
BigLongDowner posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
Spirit_Godd posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
Spirit_Godd posted...
Heck yeah. Super pumped for this game, I love it on PC.

What is this all about? Like you just shoot AI with your buddies? What is the incentive to keep playing? Is there PVP?

Space ninjas!

It reminds me a lot of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, if you've ever played that. It's a coop third person shooter that sports several different classes (Warframes), weapons, and abilities. You run different types of missions on different planets with up to 4 people and you gain various rewards that allow you to craft new characters and weapons.

It's true that the game is a giant grind. You're always working towards something, be it your next class, weapon, or planet. That's the incentive. If you like constantly grinding towards bigger and better stuff, you'll probably like it. Like right now, I've got a crossbow that fires rapid explosive bolts that I'm leveling while I'm gathering the materials for a dual-laser + mine launching rifle. Always something to do.

Yes, there is an optional PVP mode. However, it's very new and not many people play it. I've not heard good things about it, although I've never actually tried it.

I myself don't find it to be much of a grind because I enjoy the gameplay a lot. It's what kept me playing Mass Effect 3 for 700+ hours, and I could see myself spending a couple hundred on this one.

Sounds great, I've already pumped in over 100 hours in Diablo 3. I'm a grind whoooooore.

Same here! Only got the 500 bounty and kill 100 treasure goblins achievements left. Can't wait for the new patch!

Nice! I have those ones but I need the hardcore ones! The new patch is going to be awesome!
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Diablo 3, Dead Rising 3
#22Exodus_PrimePosted 9/1/2014 11:54:36 AM
Crystyn_7B posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
The gameplay takes a bit to get used to. It's a good grind just like all F2Play games the graphics aren't bad. If griding for items without paying for them doesn't bore you or keeps you entertained then this should be a fun little time waster for you.

---

Grinding for them is actually more fun than buying the, after playing a considerable amount of time a year ago I went and bought a founders pack but once I had ingame money I quickly lost all interest in the game. Grinding keeps you playing instant gratification isn't very gratifying at all.

Agreed, instant gratification is not my thing either, just like in real life I like working for all my things I earn in video games.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#23kidwgmPosted 9/1/2014 11:58:07 AM
Awesome. Look forward to giving it a shot.
---
Currently Playing: Lego Marvel Super Heros, FTL iOS and Peggle 2.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#24liquidblue4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 3:52:30 PM
Less than 10 minutes now
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#25Laylow12Posted 9/1/2014 3:53:28 PM
I love me some indie games!

Don't you agree?

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#26kidwgmPosted 9/1/2014 4:01:51 PM
Downloading now. 6.8 gb
---
#27BigLongDownerPosted 9/1/2014 4:02:08 PM
Warframe is up! I had to search for it.
---
GT - Typ3 O Negativ3
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
#28Spirit_GoddPosted 9/1/2014 4:04:50 PM
Hopefully account transfer opens up soon, thinking about permanently switching to X1.
---
GT: Security Shield
Steam: SecurityShield
#29liquidblue4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 4:06:23 PM
Laylow12 posted...
I love me some indie games!

Don't you agree?

I sure do! And Xbox has always been THE place for indie games with over 3000 last Gen alone. Completely obliterating every other home console multiple times over.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#30kidwgmPosted 9/1/2014 4:06:30 PM
Spirit_Godd posted...
Hopefully account transfer opens up soon, thinking about permanently switching to X1.

Has this been confirmed? I haven't played PC version but I have seen other people asking the same question.
---