I wonder if we will ever get a Xbox 360 controller adapter for X1

#1That_Damn_KidPosted 9/1/2014 11:16:25 AM
Like the Gamecube adapter for Wii U
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID - PSN: Lamburghini89 - NNID: Its_Pikachu
#2crynryanPosted 9/1/2014 11:33:20 AM
Doubt it. The Gamecube controller is missing 2 buttons that the GamePad/Pro Controller has (Select and L) so it's not that bad, but the 360 controller couldn't do any of the new features the One controller can. The biggest reason for them making the adapter is so people can play Smash Bros the way they've been doing for 13 years, and for when they launch the Gamecube VC.

But while missing two buttons is kinda big, games that use the Gamecube controller can easily be designed around it. But with the 360 controller, you'd be missing out on features that Microsoft would probably want everybody to have, like impulse triggers, chat and game audio coming out of the controller. And I know it's not that much of a difference, but keeping everybody to using the same controller for competitive games keeps it as fair as they can (which people can easily get around).
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#3kennyynnooPosted 9/1/2014 11:34:47 AM
Cronusmax.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#4THEaircobraPosted 9/3/2014 7:40:32 PM
Too many improvements made that wouldn't allow the 360 controller to really be much of an option to use. If anything, we'll get a new design to the X1 controller.
#5SEGA128DCPosted 9/3/2014 8:57:09 PM
Hmm, you don't like the Xbox One controller?...
---
Rise from your grave...
#6THEaircobraPosted 9/3/2014 9:24:07 PM
360 controller is still the best available. Though I am warming up to the x1 controller finally.
---
Proud Xbox One and PS4 owner.
#7McNabFishPosted 9/4/2014 3:05:30 AM
THEaircobra posted...
360 controller is still the best available. Though I am warming up to the x1 controller finally.

Except for the god awful D-pad *shudders *
---
You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
#8Spetsnaz420Posted 9/4/2014 3:10:47 AM
@crynryan

The force feedback isn't at all necessary for gaming and the 360 controller already has output for voice... There's nothing stopping them except money... If I can remote play on a Vita which has 4 less buttons than a DS4, I don't see why people wouldn't be able to use a controller with the same button layout.
---
If opinions were a commodity, people wouldn't waste them on stupid crap.
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
#9triple sPosted 9/4/2014 4:23:20 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Cronusmax.

http://controllermax.com/
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22