Well there goes my desire for an LED HDTV, now I must have...

#11SpillboyPosted 9/1/2014 1:30:06 PM
I can't stand curved TVs. They only benefit the sweet spot and make viewing from anywhere else bad.

Worst part is they said they were making them because movie theaters use a curved screen. That is to compensate for distortion though. Imagine a triangle with the tip as the projector and the base as the screen. If you curve the screen the light hits at a more direct angle and therefore reflects back with a more uniform brightness and clarity.

You do not need this on a tv that you sit a few feet from and creates its own light.
#12SpillboyPosted 9/1/2014 1:30:21 PM
Drops mic
#13Crystyn_7BPosted 9/1/2014 1:33:02 PM
Wait at least 1 if not 2 years till picking one up
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#14thasnipermasterPosted 9/1/2014 1:35:29 PM
I'm waiting on the 4K (UHD) OLED TVs to drop price. Right now they are around $8000 and up. Nothing can beat an OLED.
---
Im opposite of a care bear
KILLING FLOOR 2 !!! Hurry up and take my f***ing dosh!
#15Laylow12Posted 9/1/2014 1:37:01 PM
Juzten76 posted...
I'm going with a 70" next time. I have a 51" plasma with a great picture but a 70" will take it to the theater type feeling I'm looking for. Especially with a curved screen. Game consoles are going to have to target 4k next generation and it will be a beautiful thing.

The jump from 720p will blow your mind.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#16kennyynnooPosted 9/1/2014 2:14:30 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
I'm going with a 70" next time. I have a 51" plasma with a great picture but a 70" will take it to the theater type feeling I'm looking for. Especially with a curved screen. Game consoles are going to have to target 4k next generation and it will be a beautiful thing.

Especially if he buys Tlou remastered remastered on the ps5? That movie will blow him away.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#17carljenkPosted 9/1/2014 2:22:42 PM
Not really sure how ultra HD is related to the Xbox One.
#18RuinerEraserPosted 9/1/2014 2:23:16 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Juzten76 posted...

Said nobody ever.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Diablo 3, Dead Rising 3
#19Mr_SpacelyPosted 9/1/2014 2:24:48 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Juzten76 posted...

Especially if he buys Tlou remastered remastered on the ps5? That movie will blow him away.

No, it will go TLOU remastered remake for either ps5 or ps6, then it will go TLOU remastered remake remastered
---
PS4: EQTOPLASM | X1: Xanivert
Who put cookies in his mouth? You're not supposed to do that
#20MrImpatient35Posted 9/1/2014 2:34:09 PM
I was talking to my friend about those curved TVs recently. He gave me a good laugh about them. He said that those are the biggest gimmicks in HDTVs ever lol. What does it being curved do? Just a clever way to charge more.

Now the ultra 4k TVs. I'm all about that! So is he.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me