Well there goes my desire for an LED HDTV, now I must have...

#21axelfooley2k5Posted 9/1/2014 3:43:16 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
I'm going with a 70" next time. I have a 51" plasma with a great picture but a 70" will take it to the theater type feeling I'm looking for. Especially with a curved screen. Game consoles are going to have to target 4k next generation and it will be a beautiful thing.

The jump from 720p will blow your mind.

Especially if he buys Tlou remastered remastered on the ps5? That movie will blow him away.

Most of the time you can behave

But then you slip one of these

Nice
---
Rolling Stones, Street Fighting Man, G-Sevennnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud71mm2TxP4
#22kennyynnooPosted 9/1/2014 3:46:20 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
I'm going with a 70" next time. I have a 51" plasma with a great picture but a 70" will take it to the theater type feeling I'm looking for. Especially with a curved screen. Game consoles are going to have to target 4k next generation and it will be a beautiful thing.

Especially if he buys Tlou remastered remastered on the ps5? That movie will blow him away.

Nice

You know I have only one major dislike on ps3, naughty dog, I kept falling for these highly acclaimed games and walked away not finishing them. It's ok, I hate halo also, gears of war is as good as army of 2.....don't get me going on my Wii. I'm honest.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#23staticxtreme5Posted 9/1/2014 4:11:58 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Juzten76 posted...

Nice

You know I have only one major dislike on ps3, naughty dog, I kept falling for these highly acclaimed games and walked away not finishing them. It's ok, I hate halo also, gears of war is as good as army of 2.....don't get me going on my Wii. I'm honest.

It sounds like maybe gaming just isn't for you. Why don't you pick another hobby and bother those forums?
#24kennyynnooPosted 9/1/2014 4:17:49 PM

It sounds like maybe gaming just isn't for you. Why don't you pick another hobby and bother those forums?

I love some games, forza horizon 2, nba 2k, The Crew, Project cars are games I'll buy....maybe far cry and alien isolation if they review alright everywhere. I give games a try, if I don't like them I remember. I'm liking metro 2033 somewhat so far.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#25Reflex-ArcPosted 9/1/2014 4:19:48 PM
dueric posted...
It's a gimmick.

Screens are curved in theaters to prevent image distortion from the projectors.

You don't need that in your home TV unless you really really want to recreate the feeling of sitting in the front row of a theater.

I could see it being useful for screens 80" or bigger. Right now, all you're accomplishing right now is paying a premium for a display with inherent geometry issues and no perceptible benefits over a regular screen.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#26duericPosted 9/1/2014 6:02:03 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
dueric posted...
It's a gimmick.

Screens are curved in theaters to prevent image distortion from the projectors.

You don't need that in your home TV unless you really really want to recreate the feeling of sitting in the front row of a theater.

I could see it being useful for screens 80" or bigger. Right now, all you're accomplishing right now is paying a premium for a display with inherent geometry issues and no perceptible benefits over a regular screen.

Sure. If that is something you're interested in. But you're still sacrificing things like view angle and easy wall hanging.

I'd probably advise someone to spend an extended period of time with a curved screen, or at least find a store with a nice return policy, before taking the dive. Especially if you're a gamer.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#27Team_NinjaPosted 9/1/2014 6:08:49 PM
Curved TVs are aight. Curved phones are terrible though and will easily die soon if it hasn't already.