what's the difference between Persona and Tomb Raider?

#1DerekRossPosted 9/1/2014 2:49:41 PM
CD: We still have something for PS and Pc player called temple of Osiris and the port of the original.

Atlas: We still have something for Xbox player called Persona Arena.

What's the difference and why isn't Persona not being on xbox a big deal?!
#2dnmtPosted 9/1/2014 2:52:36 PM(edited)
Tomb Raider will eventually come to PS3/PS4/PC.

Persona 5 will never come to 360/Xbone/PC.
#3liquidblue4Posted 9/1/2014 2:52:45 PM
It's not a big deal. Persona doesn't even really sell. You could take the entire MT/SMT/Persona series all the way back to SNES and combine all the sales together and it's probably not even close to one or two Tomb Raider games.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#4DerekRoss(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 2:54:52 PM
liquidblue4 posted...
It's not a big deal. Persona doesn't even really sell. You could take the entire MT/SMT/Persona series all the way back to SNES and combine all the sales together and it's probably not even close to one or two Tomb Raider games.

The thing is that Sega doesn't set unrealistic expectation though. I think their last Persona profited more than the TR reboot at least initially.
#5DamnEvilDogPosted 9/1/2014 3:02:35 PM
Persona has never been on an Xbox console, neither has any of the REAL Shin Megami Tensi games.

The SMT games are niche RPGs that even some JRPG fan could not even get into, it will not sell that great, I hope it does well enough that more games come out (for the fans and the devs)

I hate the Persona games btw, but I like the other SMT games quite a bit (digital devil saga, devil summoner and etc.) of course this is my opinion.
---
XBL: DamnEvilDog PSN: DamnEvilDog
#6nableetPosted 9/1/2014 3:03:08 PM
A main title Persona game has never been on xbox. Sony isn't paying for exclusivity. Persona is more of a niche game than TR.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#7Engineer-samaPosted 9/1/2014 3:04:15 PM

#8carljenkPosted 9/1/2014 3:06:00 PM
Engineer-sama posted...

#9TheGam3925Posted 9/1/2014 3:09:47 PM
PS4 will get Tomb Raider. Xbone well never get Persona 5.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#10scoobydoobydontPosted 9/1/2014 3:14:22 PM
Imo it's a very big deal. MS is dropping the ball letting this series and genre be so underrepresented. And Sega/Atlus is leaving money on the table, ports are cheap.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg