I would have paid $49.99 for just Metro 2033 Redux!

#21kennyynnooPosted 9/2/2014 2:20:25 PM
the_real_one posted...
How long is the single
Player story in both games?

Single player, 8-10 hours each so 16-20hours total.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#22glassghost0Posted 9/2/2014 2:23:41 PM
plus1zero posted...
The bullets feel weak as water and there isn't enough of anything to go around.

It's aight. Glad I just got 2033.

Sure, I'm defending the games, they were 2 of my favorite games from last gen, but when people say stuff like this you realize that a lot of people just don't understand the games

Pretty much everything in the game, there's a reason and explanation behind the mechanic
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#23RuinerEraserPosted 9/2/2014 2:24:51 PM
You would think people would cherish this like the second coming of christ. Hipsters love single player FPS games. Multiplayer is too dude bro for them apparently. Just look at all the love Wolfenstein got.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Diablo 3, Dead Rising 3
#24R_Fated_CirclePosted 9/2/2014 2:37:54 PM
I agree with the post about the bullets feeling weak as water. I'm all for stealth or gun play or both but imo for the 3-4 hours i played of metro 2033 neither option felt satisfying.
---
Where's your passion fight like you mean it! "Hilde - Soul Calibur V"
#25EllesarienPosted 9/2/2014 2:45:17 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the "Stand here and defend until <insert here> happens" battles and that is repeated alot in this game. Some levels were cool and others not so much.

A mixed bag for me.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#26ComradeRyanPosted 9/2/2014 5:46:31 PM
I am glad to hear it. Metro Redux is definitely worth purchasing if you have never played Metro 2033 & Metro: Last Light.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#27necro00Posted 9/3/2014 8:54:29 AM
RuinerEraser posted...
You would think people would cherish this like the second coming of christ. Hipsters love single player FPS games. Multiplayer is too dude bro for them apparently. Just look at all the love Wolfenstein got.

Wolfenstein was extremely fun, this isn't
#28cheezedadadaPosted 9/3/2014 9:21:25 AM(edited)
RuinerEraser posted...
You would think people would cherish this like the second coming of christ.

They do =)
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/metro-redux

I was playing Last Light..err, last night... and I got to the part where:

You are driving the dune-buggy looking cart really fast down a rail system and it flips over. You are left stuck in a collapsed, dark, dirty and claustrophobic tunnel with a shattered gas mask on which affects your vision.

...Not many FPS games can pull off an atmosphere as amazing as Metro in my opinion.
---
XBL - cheezedadada / PSN - cheezedadadada
#29ClutcH_BFPosted 9/3/2014 9:47:17 AM
I bought the Metro Redux and beat 2033(Fantastic!) and coming up on completing Last Light(Also Fantastic!) I love everything about these games and the small details/management of ammo/air filters. I love how my gas mask gets cracked as I get into more and more gun fights and I have to replace it. Having to wipe your gas mask visor clear whenever youre slaying monsters that are in your face and their blood is splatting all over it.

I think 4A Games could be my new favorite developer. I am really interested in finding out what their next project is more games from an extremely talented developer is always a ++.
---
Sound the charge, Take them head on
#30googlerPosted 9/3/2014 6:38:29 PM
RuinerEraser posted...

Because every game "needing" multiplayer is stupid. Why would they need to put in multiplayer when they're always going to lose the crowd to CoD or BF, etc and then there's the people that say they aren't buying a game without it and when it gets forced in to placate them jump ship and leave an online ghost town within a couple days just like every other multiplayer game.
Not all games work as an MP component either - given the combat mechanics in metro do you want deathmatch and 32P TDM and capture the flag. It would suck and be dead in a week.

Nothing hipster about hating bad multiplayer and boring grinds in games nobody will care about.