I would pay money to download things faster

#1Charity_DiaryPosted 9/1/2014 9:14:34 PM
Sometimes I feel like I'm downloading 2010 games onto 2014 hardware using internet from 2005.

You know?
---
Trey Songz #1 Fan!
Charity_Diary
#2boolzeroPosted 9/1/2014 9:44:12 PM
You could pay money to download things faster... It's called the next package up on your internet companies plan!

Also, are you using a current router that supports what your internet provider needs? docsis 3.0 is the current standard that most providers want your router to be... There are quite a few people out there still rocking outdated cable modems and routers because their providers haven't told them that most major companies did upgrades (last year approximately) to their systems that make older hardware more problematic with the new supported infrastructure leading to frequent drop, bottleneck it and various hiccups...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#3Charity_Diary(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 9:45:20 PM
boolzero posted...
You could pay money to download things faster... It's called the next package up on your internet companies plan!

Also, are you using a current router that supports what your internet provider needs? docsis 3.0 is the current standard that most providers want your router to be... There are quite a few people out there still rocking outdated cable modems and routers because their providers haven't told them that most major companies did upgrades (last year approximately) to their systems that make older hardware more problematic with the new supported infrastructure leading to frequent drop, bottleneck it and various hiccups...

I pay like $120 to get "up to" 20mb/s download, with a modem/router that will support that.

But do I ever download at anything even remotely close to that speed? Nope lol
---
Trey Songz #1 Fan!
Charity_Diary
#4SampsonMPosted 9/1/2014 9:47:16 PM
If you're getting consistently slower speeds than what you're supposed to get, keep calling your ISP and complaining. You might have faulty wiring or something. Ask them to send a tech out and check the signal, etc.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#5Laylow12Posted 9/1/2014 9:49:17 PM
$399 solves the problem for good.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#6Charity_Diary(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 9:50:10 PM
SampsonM posted...
If you're getting consistently slower speeds than what you're supposed to get, keep calling your ISP and complaining. You might have faulty wiring or something. Ask them to send a tech out and check the signal, etc.

Well, I get like 15mb/s regularly... but when I download things, I guess maybe because of server traffic or something, it just goes incredibly slowly sometimes.
---
Trey Songz #1 Fan!
Charity_Diary
#7x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 9/1/2014 10:20:02 PM
Charity_Diary posted...
boolzero posted...

I pay like $120 to get "up to" 20mb/s download, with a modem/router that will support that.

I hope that includes television for that price. I have download speeds of nearly 130 Mbps and Xbox uses nearly all of that when I'm downloading a game. I pay around $60-70 month when broken down in a television/internet package separately.
#8Charity_Diary(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 10:21:15 PM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Charity_Diary posted...
boolzero posted...

I hope that includes television for that price. I have download speeds of nearly 130 Mbps and Xbox uses nearly all of that when I'm downloading a game. I pay around $60-70 month when broken down in a television/internet package separately.

I get basic television. Can't expect much from Monopoly Warner Cable
---
Trey Songz #1 Fan!
Charity_Diary
#9x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 9/1/2014 10:22:23 PM
Charity_Diary posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Charity_Diary posted...
boolzero posted...

I have Comcast which isn't much better company wise. Heck, didn't Comcast buy out TWC?
#10Charity_Diary(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 10:23:19 PM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Charity_Diary posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Charity_Diary posted...
boolzero posted...

I have Comcast which isn't much better company wise. Heck, didn't Comcast buy out TWC?

I'm not sure. I've read stories that TWC bought Comcast, and that Comcast bought TWC, and I'm too lazy to Google it at the moment.
---
Trey Songz #1 Fan!
Charity_Diary