Let's count next gen remasters: Sony: 4 - Microsoft: 1

#161mjc0961Posted 9/2/2014 4:16:43 PM
Does it matter? Third party publishers are announcing more remasters than new games for both consoles anyway. Both platforms are a hotbed of retreading old ground. Both are massive disappointments to me. Wake me up when the new games start coming.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#162-Demonic_Dante-Posted 9/2/2014 4:31:36 PM(edited)
cheezedadada posted...
Beyond: Two Souls is the first remastered game to make me go "Wow, really?" (I liked the game by the way)

Pretty much... this.

Why not Heavy Rain? That was much better then two souls
#163BIGFELLAH26Posted 9/4/2014 4:21:35 AM
Actually TC Halo is 4 remastered games, so you can't count Halo as on game. PS4-4 XBone-4 adding on the inevidible Gears of War trilogy, PS-4 XBone-7. So XBone are in the lead for remasters. Sorry.
#164Exodus_PrimePosted 9/5/2014 8:48:41 AM
-Demonic_Dante- posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Beyond: Two Souls is the first remastered game to make me go "Wow, really?" (I liked the game by the way)

Pretty much... this.

Why not Heavy Rain? That was much better then two souls

I would've taken Heavy Rain instead, Beyond Two Souls was like a fart in the wind to me.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#165blitz_0623Posted 9/5/2014 8:52:36 AM
BIGFELLAH26 posted...
Actually TC Halo is 4 remastered games, so you can't count Halo as on game. PS4-4 XBone-4 adding on the inevidible Gears of War trilogy, PS-4 XBone-7. So XBone are in the lead for remasters. Sorry.

It's called research. Only Halo 2 is being remastered.
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#166AceAndJunpeiPosted 9/5/2014 8:56:13 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
BIGFELLAH26 posted...

So you're guaranteeing Halo, Halo 3 and Halo 4 will run at exactly the same resolution and framerate that they did on the 360?

Oh, they're not? They're getting 1080p/60fps? Remastered son. Remastered.
---
"**** ****..."-* **** ***** (8/8/14)
#167RomangeloPosted 9/5/2014 8:58:16 AM
It's funny cuz the Xbox One doesn't even have any new game from the first party either.

how could you say that if people want a console for new first party games, they need to buy an Xbox One? Microsoft only has Halo and it's not even that great. you can't compare any first party game from MS with anything from Naughty Dog.
---
X > V > T > XII > VI > XIII-2 > Type-0 > VIII > TLR > VII > X-2 > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I > XV
#168ChiliPupPosted 9/5/2014 8:58:46 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Remasters Awaits.

---

I hope so. Slam me if you will, but I have a long list of older games that I would love to see remastered.

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#169ChiliPupPosted 9/5/2014 9:01:49 AM
pobbes posted...
maybe sony is releasing remastered games because a chunk of their userbase never owned a PS3? That's one of the reasons they released TLOU again.

That's one of the reasons why Sony is looking at remasters, yes. There are whole lot of "new" Playstation gamers this generation. Why not make some cash by giving them the chance to play some of last gen's PS3 exclusives? Financially smart. And let's face it, Sony needs all of the financial help it can get lol.

Regardless, not only did TLOU dominate sales, but it's also been called the best game available on new consoles lol. I don't agree with that assessment, but it's pretty damn good nonetheless.

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#170BIGFELLAH26Posted 9/7/2014 3:39:41 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
BIGFELLAH26 posted...

Halo 2 is the one they put the most effort into. The others are still remastered. In fact I've heard Hako has 5 games. PS4-4 XBONE-5.