Let's count next gen remasters: Sony: 4 - Microsoft: 1

#81spacejamjordanzPosted 9/2/2014 10:33:22 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
spacejamjordanz posted...

At least try to argue back if you disagree, but I have come to expect those childish responses from you. Oh well :/. That's the way I see it. They may not be getting the full anniversary treatment, but they are being upgraded to 1080p/60fps for the first time. Sounds like a remaster to me.

There is no response. It's your opinion. So that's nice was all that was needed. Doesn't make sense to go back and forth over an opinion.

Yes I shared an opinion just like everyone else does on these forums. An opinion that can be either acknowledged or disagreed with. It can be debated one way or another. You chose neither. Instead you opted to be a smart ass with that semi-trollish response. That's okay though. I don't expect that from people that have nothing of value to add.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#82AceAndJunpeiPosted 9/2/2014 10:33:38 AM
I'm a lot like Prometheus introducing fire to the savages; just replace fire with integrity;)
---
"**** ****..."-* **** ***** (8/8/14)
#83InjusticeRebornPosted 9/2/2014 10:36:13 AM
dnmt posted...
Are people ITT really trying to argue that Halo:MCC is somehow one game? I mean what's even the point of that. Remasters are good.

This fellow has a point. :hugs dnmt:

You see, we've had previous arguments in favour of MCC that it's good value for money because it's four games for the price of one.

AceAndJunpei posted...
LMaO, what's the difference between upping the frame rate and resolution and a remaster?

Nothing other than semantics.
Wasn't TLOU just resolution and framerate bump as well? It certainly wasn't an entirely different engine.

Thank god you guys are so unbiased!

AceAndJunpei posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
I'm currently playing Abe's Odyssey New n' Tasty. That's a remake of an original PlayStation game too.

A remake is not the same thing as a remaster.

I know this info will affect your agenda but it needed to be said.

I don't know the difference between a remake and a remaster, but the bolded parts in your posts confused me.
---
7 days left. :giddy:
#84TrueGBPosted 9/2/2014 10:36:40 AM
IceHusky posted...
Whereas Microsoft is trying to come with original games not found on prior consoles, which I think is pretty awesome.

You mean that shooter? Or that racer?
---
Future Billionaire
#85NinjaDeath911Posted 9/2/2014 10:36:56 AM
IceHusky posted...
Just talking first party only: Microsoft has HALO: MasterChief Collection for their remaster on the Xbox One, whereas Sony has The Last of US: Remastered, Journey Remaster, The Unfinished Swan Remaster and now Beyond Two Souls Remaster for the PS4.

Yeah, I think it is obvious which console to get if you want true next-gen games that do not rely on ports of old games, the Xbox One. Just sayin'. So glad I am not a PS4 owner anymore. What a waste of a console Sony is allowing. Whereas Microsoft is trying to come with original games not found on prior consoles, which I think is pretty awesome.

Sony has to put them out so all the Microsoft fans who jumped ship can experience great games.

Ps... Isn't there like 4 old games in the master chief collection.

You could play old Bungie games, or new Bungie games, most people will go with the new
#86AceAndJunpeiPosted 9/2/2014 10:38:04 AM
TrueGB posted...
IceHusky posted...
Whereas Microsoft is trying to come with original games not found on prior consoles, which I think is pretty awesome.

You mean that shooter? Or that racer?

No, he means the shooter where you also race! Geez!
---
#87MetroidFan9999Posted 9/2/2014 10:41:28 AM
Remasters usually keep the same game intact, various assets are upgraded in the process (mostly graphical). HD versions last gen are entirely remasters.

Remakes tend to overhaul everything, usually implementing a new engine in the process. Resident Evil for the gamecube comes to mind, along with MGS twin snakes. Halo 1 (and Halo 2) I would consider remakes.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#88Cornbread4lifePosted 9/2/2014 10:48:06 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
So...higher-resolution textures and lighting?

LMAO, please tell me this isn't your reply.

Naturally upping the resolution is going to up the resolution of the textures.

...what?

Texture resolution can only be increased by increasing the size of the texture maps, usually adding more detail to the textures in the process. Output resolution has nothing to do with that.

Well, you win some and you lose some. I was wrong.

Do you see what i just did there guys? Admitting when you're wrong is a sign of a strong character.

Study it and learn it; some
Of you seem to struggle greatly with this very simple concept;)

It would show you had even stronger character if you admitted you were wrong without complimenting yourself at the same time.
---
GT/PSN: Cornbread4life
#89AceAndJunpeiPosted 9/2/2014 10:49:10 AM
Cornbread4life posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
So...higher-resolution textures and lighting?

LMAO, please tell me this isn't your reply.

Naturally upping the resolution is going to up the resolution of the textures.

...what?

Texture resolution can only be increased by increasing the size of the texture maps, usually adding more detail to the textures in the process. Output resolution has nothing to do with that.

Well, you win some and you lose some. I was wrong.

Do you see what i just did there guys? Admitting when you're wrong is a sign of a strong character.

Study it and learn it; some
Of you seem to struggle greatly with this very simple concept;)

It would show you had even stronger character if you admitted you were wrong without complimenting yourself at the same time.

Baby steps. I can't teach them two lessons at once when they're struggling with just one!

Geez!
---
#90InjusticeRebornPosted 9/2/2014 10:49:59 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Remasters usually keep the same game intact, various assets are upgraded in the process (mostly graphical). HD versions last gen are entirely remasters.

Remakes tend to overhaul everything, usually implementing a new engine in the process. Resident Evil for the gamecube comes to mind, along with MGS twin snakes. Halo 1 (and Halo 2) I would consider remakes.

Ta Met. :)
---
7 days left. :giddy: